Garmin G530

paulelee

Hi All

Been using this fantastic aircraft since release with no issues

I have gone to fire it up today and when I fire up the G530 It cannot find any Base Land Database,  Terrain Database,Obstacle Database,Aviation Data EXP?? or maps or anything 

When I click enter it just stays black 

First problem I have ever had 

Can anyone assist ?

Many Thanks in advance

Paul Lee

Edited by paulelee

I think the 530 is just the X-Plane default GPS, does it work in other aircraft? If not then I'd try running the X-Plane installer (or do a repair if you use the Steam version) and see if it finds any missing files.

Also please post your logs - Log.txt and GizmoLog.txt in your base X-Plane directory.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, grimmer72 said:

Slightly off topic.  My Garmin doesn't display right only in the passenger variants.  Looks fine in the cargo version.  Anyone else seen this?  v1.5 in XP 11

If you're talking about the textures not being correct, take a look in your objects folder.  Look for any files named "G530".  Either G530.dds or G530.png

Some will be rectangular, but you will have a square one in there.

Delete the SQUARE G530 texture.  

take a look in sim and let me know how you go.

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem as the Thread Starter.

It cant find the databases

.bug1.jpg

Tbug2.jpg

Then after pressing ENT, it just goes dark. 

I am not having this problem with other planes that use the default G530. They are working perfectly. It is just with the Saab.

I attached the gizmolog and log.txt

Hoping for a solution. thanks!

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

1 hour ago, snapshot21 said:

Any update on this issue?

The plane has become unusable due to this.

You have a bunch of extra plugins installed.

Standard procedure at this point is to ask you to install the Saab in a bare-demo copy of X-Plane OR remove your plugins and replace them one by one until you figure out which is clashing.

Nothing stands out as obvious and no one else is reporting this problem.

On 5/1/2018 at 8:11 AM, Ben Russell said:

You have a bunch of extra plugins installed.

Standard procedure at this point is to ask you to install the Saab in a bare-demo copy of X-Plane OR remove your plugins and replace them one by one until you figure out which is clashing.

Nothing stands out as obvious and no one else is reporting this problem.

Tried that and still does not work. Even when only the Gizmo plugin is running.

I wonder if the Thread starter ever got the problem fixed and if so, what is the solution that he did..

The solution, I believe mentioned elsewhere, is to get dataref editor; install it; open it; go to the entry (if memory serves—I’m away from my rig) sim/cockpit/electrical/avionics_on= and change the =0 to =1.

this must be done every session. Hope it helps.

Best,

Marshall

• Upvote 1

On 5/5/2018 at 10:08 PM, HamSammich said:

The solution, I believe mentioned elsewhere, is to get dataref editor; install it; open it; go to the entry (if memory serves—I’m away from my rig) sim/cockpit/electrical/avionics_on= and change the =0 to =1.

this must be done every session. Hope it helps.

Best,

Marshall

Thank you. Will try this workaround :)

On 5/5/2018 at 7:29 AM, JGregory said:

FYI... this issue has been fixed for v1.5.1, which will be available once Cameron gets around to creating/updating the installer.

Good to know! Cant wait for the update..

1 hour ago, Tassierob said:

The same issue for me. The keys to the GPS530 don't even display properly since updating to 11.2. The enter key appears split in half on the panel, though the keys to the popout look ok they don't move at all.

Are you running on a large Hi-DPI display? Can you reset your X-Plane UI scaling factor to 100%? Does this help?

11.20 is a mess.

Edited by Ben Russell
typo
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Tassierob said:

The same issue for me. The keys to the GPS530 don't even display properly since updating to 11.2. The enter key appears split in half on the panel, though the keys to the popout look ok they don't move at all.

A screenshot and your Log files would be very helpful.  This issue sounds more like a texture problem, which has been reported previously.  Try turning ON texture compression in your X-Plane rendering settings and restart X-Plane.  The keys on the pop-out have never been animated.

13 hours ago, JGregory said:

A screenshot and your Log files would be very helpful.  This issue sounds more like a texture problem, which has been reported previously.  Try turning ON texture compression in your X-Plane rendering settings and restart X-Plane.  The keys on the pop-out have never been animated.

FIXED...Solved the split GPS key issue by lowering my texture quality setting one level from max. Interesting as all the other instruments look perfect on max. The GPS power problem was operator error! I run Saitek panels which I use for flaps and gear. Non of the other switches on the panel work EXCEPT found I need to turn on the battery and Avionics switches to get the GPS to power up to full running condition. It will go through power up procedure till you have to press enter key but nothing after that unless the switches are on.

Also the keys on the pop-out GPS work perfectly!

18 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

Are you running on a large Hi-DPI display? Can you reset your X-Plane UI scaling factor to 100%? Does this help?

11.20 is a mess.

I run a standard 1920x1080 27" monitor as a windowed screen and resetting made no difference at all. Only reducing quality settings from max.

Thanks for your suggestions and help. Superb backup for a super plane.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2018 at 9:00 AM, snapshot21 said:

Tried that and still does not work. Even when only the Gizmo plugin is running.

I wonder if the Thread starter ever got the problem fixed and if so, what is the solution that he did..

Hi All

Apologies been away for a while

I never got this fixed 

I cant edit the dataref 

No Idea what to do

I use to be able to load up a Cessna with the GNS Running then fire up the SAAB and The GNS worked but now nothing

Is there a time frame for the update?

Many Thanks

Paul 

1 hour ago, paulelee said:

Hi All

Apologies been away for a while

I never got this fixed 

I cant edit the dataref 

No Idea what to do

I use to be able to load up a Cessna with the GNS Running then fire up the SAAB and The GNS worked but now nothing

Is there a time frame for the update?

Many Thanks

Paul 

Please explain why you can't edit the DataRef.  If you follow the instruction in the post by @HamSammich above, the G530 should function fine.  Otherwise you will need to wait for the update, which is in Cameron's hands at this point.

23 hours ago, JGregory said:

Please explain why you can't edit the DataRef.  If you follow the instruction in the post by @HamSammich above, the G530 should function fine.  Otherwise you will need to wait for the update, which is in Cameron's hands at this point.

Hi All

I have positive news to report in my case anyway 

I use Saitek Radio and Button Hardware Panels which I had not actually set up for the Saab but it turn out its done it automatically so I need to have my Avionics Button Engaged I then can have the GNS work Perfectly

So it was an error from my side and nothing to do with th eaircraft

I assume that is why I could not alter the Dataref as well 

Really hope this helps someone 

Very Best Wishes

Paul