Spoilers axis control

SunGirl

I have found an issue in the IXEG 737 where the spoilers will jump between armed and down when using an axis. This seems to be a known issue with axis control.

Is using buttons to control the spoilers more accurate. How would a real 737 pilot use the spoilers?

Are the spoilers used in small increments or usually straight to the flight detent?

2 hours ago, SunGirl said:

I have found an issue in the IXEG 737 where the spoilers will jump between armed and down when using an axis. This seems to be a known issue with axis control.

I found the same too (it's probably my set up!) but what i do is ignore the spoiler axis for the IXEG.

In lieu of this, if I want to deploy some spoiler I use the mouse and drag the handle.

I am not a real pilot but I use the spoilers like the other controls, don't just hit detent :) but i move them there over a second - maybe two (approx). Same when moving them back down a gradual movement and I watch the v/s react too (when in FLCH or VNAV)

I also understand it is good practice to keep your hand on the s/b lever - this so that you do not forget you have deployed the spoiler.

Hope this helps

- Carl

Edited by blocks_off
  • Upvote 1

What I figured out just after i posted was that if you use the axis for normal operations, and the use the speedbrake extend a notch button for arming it will not jump in and out. Still not sure about using intermediary positions as it says they should be avoided in the FCTM.

I can't imagine that they would design the lever that way and then tell you basically use it like a 4 position switch.