Does MaxxFx work in naitive V.R ..?

VAL067

I think I remember seeing a report that it does not, but bear in mind VR is still in beta with Laminar and they are still working out the kinks involved with supporting third party add-ons with VR.

We are actually working pretty closely with Laminar on VR integration with add-ons. I expect we'll get it working but it is all a work in progress still.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, ryujin said:

So now that Native VR has been released, could you guys make Maxx Fx working with it.... pleaz pleaz

No, we cannot. Laminar has not released any kind of SDK for VR, and has indicated they likely won't be doing so for some time when it comes to plugins.

That's weird, some plugins are already being developed in VR, see Reality for XP and other open source plugins... by the way, I think it's an easy fix for MaxxFxx as the effects are already working but only on one of the two lens of the Oculus rift (the right one iirc). I'd be happy to beta test any change.

3 hours ago, ryujin said:

That's weird, some plugins are already being developed in VR, see Reality for XP and other open source plugins... by the way, I think it's an easy fix for MaxxFxx as the effects are already working but only on one of the two lens of the Oculus rift (the right one iirc). I'd be happy to beta test any change.

Always a good idea to include a URL with your counter arguments. "Reality for XP" leads nowhere in Google.

If you mean the Reality-XP series of GPS units..

Laminars basic stance is that:

- Mods and instruments -inside- the cockpit will continue to work as they already do.

- Global drawing plugins like SkyMAXX and MaXX FX are hosed.

Nerfing the global plugins gets them a big gain in rendering performance(FPS) and a small number of products broken for "a while".

Nerfing the custom avionics and instruments for cockpit internals would break most, if not all, the custom third party aircraft that users have come to use and love, which would leave the sim pretty much dead in the water and piss off nearly every user they have.

It's annoying but it also lines up with the customer base growth of VR users. It's still a growing minority group and we have a fairly long, slow timeline ahead to resolve this.

Changes are coming to the sim that will allow higher-performance drawing on the global sim stage, we just have to wait for Laminar to add them and document them.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 8 months later...