CTD En Route

owine

About the only explanation I can come up with is that something corrupted the memory that our internal clouds use, which led to a crash when we tried to sort them. Looking at your log, I think we were trying to process new weather data at the same time that your Flight Factor aircraft was trying to do something as well, so it's possible there was some sort of bad interaction there. You do have a large amount of third-party add-ons and scenery in the mix so it's hard to say what might be causing trouble.

Has this crash ever happened to you before, or since? If it does start to become a problem, see if running without other third party aircraft or plugins makes a difference.

Re-installing SMP 4.6 might not be a bad idea as well, in case you still have some older components of SMP 3 installed somehow. SMP 3 did have an issue that would explain this behavior more readily. The version SMP thinks it is can be seen in its configuration menu.

Edited by sundog

5 hours ago, sundog said:

About the only explanation I can come up with is that something corrupted the memory that our internal clouds use, which led to a crash when we tried to sort them. Looking at your log, I think we were trying to process new weather data at the same time that your Flight Factor aircraft was trying to do something as well, so it's possible there was some sort of bad interaction there. You do have a large amount of third-party add-ons and scenery in the mix so it's hard to say what might be causing trouble.

Has this crash ever happened to you before, or since? If it does start to become a problem, see if running without other third party aircraft or plugins makes a difference.

Re-installing SMP 4.6 might not be a bad idea as well, in case you still have some older components of SMP 3 installed somehow. SMP 3 did have an issue that would explain this behavior more readily. The version SMP thinks it is can be seen in its configuration menu.

Will try a reinstall. I've had a couple of similar "out of the blue" crashes while en route but did not collect logs/reports to verify whether SMP was involved.

Also looks like another user has reported something similar.

Edited by owine

You're right, that does look like the same issue. Given that it seems to have happened around the same time, I think there were some unusual weather conditions being reported that found a case that triggers this crash.

I'm looking into it to see if there's anything we can tighten up for our next release.

Edited by sundog

5 hours ago, sundog said:

You're right, that does look like the same issue. Given that it seems to have happened around the same time, I think there were some unusual weather conditions being reported that found a case that triggers this crash.

I'm looking into it to see if there's anything we can tighten up for our next release.

I have not run the sim since this crash so I can provide METAR files if it would be helpful.

1 hour ago, sundog said:

Sure, if you can provide your metar.rwx along with the location you were flying at when it crashed, I can use that to make sure the fix I wrote yesterday actually works. Thanks.

Here are the METAR files. Last reported position per Vatstats was 40.67702/-101.30765. Thanks for diving into this.

METAR.zip