TerraMaxx fails to operate

Captsalt

OK, I've moved SeasonsXP folder including the backup and changed the scenery_packs.ini file. I don't see any reference to TerraMaxx or SeasonsXP in the plugins.I do have other X-Aviation products installed that function well. May be this can be repaired/resolved.

I'm attempting the download again ... will keep you posted. Thanks much for the help!

I looked into the temp files stuff and could not find any dedicated X-Aviation temp folder by now - so I suggest, for the case the downloader fails again, to clean up your temp files with the windows clean manager for the Windows drive (maybe you have done this already). 

I think this can be resolved. 

9 hours ago, Captsalt said:

Like I said, maybe my situation is unique but I doubt it.

You're the only person that's ever wrote in about it. I'd say that's pretty unique.

5 hours ago, Captsalt said:

I can't believe there isn't a resume ability with a download this large.

I think we need to get off of that subject. You've mentioned it enough as it is, and thus far no other customers have this problem, so it's pretty believable.

Perhaps an overzealous anti virus? I have no idea at this point...I'm shooting in the dark here.

After waiting for TerraMaxx to download again, the program stopped at the same point. Cameron, As you have no idea what the issue is, I suggest we cease trying to get TerraMaxx to function on my computer.  I'm using other products by X-Aviation an will continue to do so but this one is a bust for me.

I do, however, request a refund for my purchase as the product does not work on my computer (for whatever reason). Will the refund be returned via the same source as charged?

Don

On 05/04/2018 at 1:34 AM, Captsalt said:

After waiting for TerraMaxx to download again, the program stopped at the same point. Cameron, As you have no idea what the issue is, I suggest we cease trying to get TerraMaxx to function on my computer.  I'm using other products by X-Aviation an will continue to do so but this one is a bust for me.

I do, however, request a refund for my purchase as the product does not work on my computer (for whatever reason). Will the refund be returned via the same source as charged?

Don

Hello everyone, just to say that I have the same problem I have already sent several requests for support and also as a friend Captsalt, and I did not receive any help.

Thank you!!!!!

XAviation01.jpg

Xaviation002.jpg

Did you try the second comupter approach already? You can even do this in a freshly installed virtual machine and once the download ist completed succesfully, you have just to copy over the files to your main computer.

I always try to make sure there is not a single problem on my end before blaming any software product. The files are hosted on amazon, as Cameron said, so bad server performance is most likely not the problem. If there is absolutely no way to get the download finished, even with anti virus and firewall disabled and your internet connection is fine, I would suspect my operating system to be faulty in some way and thus try on a second computer or reinstall windows. 

Furher, the errors are somewhat weird and weird behaviour sometimes is the result of not so well overclocking - so maybe running your computer in stock configuration might help. 

And, because I know you are frustrated already... those are just my thoughts based on the information provided. I don't want to offend you with those considerations. 

57 minutes ago, Captsalt said:

Don

Good. First before writing here I read carefully everything that was written here and I did all the steps and attempts indicated. The problem I think is neither with our machines nor with our internet because I did several tests with much heavier downloads. The fact that it is hosted on Amazon does not mean anything or that it is safe the problem is in the softwere that is available after the purchase, I really wanted Terramax because I already have other products that I bought as skymax.
I am also aware of other people who have the same problem and everyone here from Europe where the interne at least mine is very good with a transmission rate of 120mbps. I still wait for a solution as a client because after testing here with a computer engineer that I called my house I'm sure that is not the problem here.

Thank you!!!

I did not try from a second computer as I don't have a second machine and this one is top notch. The download speed is not the issue. As I tried to explain, the first component of three appears to download just fine ... then the download process freezes, waits a minute or so and begins the process with the first component again. As I may not have clearly indicated, I'm not "blaming" anyone. However, the manufacturer and distributor of the software should certainly be responsive regardless where the fault is. I've been dealing with this since March 25th. Two and a half weeks is a long time to "fight" a piece of software especially when I've never had a similar issue with any other software. Oh, wait, Windows 3.1 had issues but that's a long time and several computers ago. I'll take the refund and part friends. Heck, I may consider another software title from X-Aviation but certainly NOT until it's fully vetted.

Captsalt.  

Two and a half weeks... Resetting Windows 10 takes about one hour or two for me and most problems I can't figure out their origin are solved by this procedure. So, if you really want TerraMaxx to work, I would at least try a fresh installation. Using the build in reset function and keeping personal files will preserve your installation ID so you don't lose software activations for most x-plane add ons. 

• Cameron locked and unlocked this topic

Folks,

This is not the place to attempt insults or even refunds. That type of thing is not to be handled here in the forums.

I am confident this problem is not on our end given the sales numbers and lack of complaints. The only two I have ever heard are in this thread.

Use the proper support channels, don't send in multiple emails as some tend to do, and you'll get reasonable responses.

That ends this thread.