GPS Rarely Working

cavmaj

Sir / Ma'am, 

Great aircraft! Long time user of this excellent product and glad to see it available for XP11. The GPS is only working perhaps one out of every ten times and generally only when I use the cargo variant. The GPS boots properly but as soon as I press enter on the GNS the screen goes blank. This occurs without any saitek panels plugged in or enabled and with the aircraft operating on either ground power or its own generators. I never had this issue in XP10 and I'm very familiar with the operation of the your aircraft model. Not sure what the issue may be. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Stephen

I am not experiencing this behavior nor has anyone else reported this same issue. That leads me to believe there is something unique to your system that is causing the problem.  The first place to start is by removing all other plugins (except Gizmo) and test.  Let us know what you find.

I had this yesterday, too. I found no reason for this until now and I don't know yet how to reproduce, but I was able to switch the GNS back on with the dataref editor ( I think it was sim/cockpit/electrical/avionics_on which was permanently 0 even when the GNS530 was switched on.

Stefan, 

That did it. Thank you! 

Unfortunately that was still after I followed JGregory's advice and disabled all my Plugins except Gizmo. Problem is fixed but I have no idea what is causing that issue to occur in the first place. 

Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, cavmaj said:

Stefan, 

That did it. Thank you! 

Unfortunately that was still after I followed JGregory's advice and disabled all my Plugins except Gizmo. Problem is fixed but I have no idea what is causing that issue to occur in the first place. 

Any thoughts?

any saitek hardware? it will interfere electricity if not properly mapped.

On 3/23/2018 at 2:36 PM, StefanH75 said:

I think it was sim/cockpit/electrical/avionics_on which was permanently 0 even when the GNS530 was switched on

I have made some changes to the avionics logic that should resolve this problem.  This will be available in v1.5.1, coming "soon®".

• Upvote 2