How to avoid reverse thrust with CH Throttle Quad?

Captain_Crow

I'm having these issues even though I'm not checking "CH Throttle" in the settings. I was wondering if there was a way to set idle (on the joystick/throttle axis) to correlate with ground idle in the Saab like most aircraft allow, then assign another axis or button for reverse (this is what I do in most aircraft)?

• Upvote 1

I'd certainly like to see an option for this too. Unfortunately, hardware out there isn't sophisticated enough to have a custom detent on where the ground idle is. I'd prefer to see some sort of toggle button that you'd have to use to jump below ground idle as a compromise. I'm assuming that pilots in the real world would be able to tell throttle position based on "feel" which we lose with our simulator hardware.

My preference:

• throttle axis idle corresponds to GND Idle
  • Map a toggle button of some sort (There's a "toggle reverse thrust" in X-Plane already)
  • When you use the toggle reverse thrust, the throttle goes below the GND idle point
  • advancing the hardware throttle now advances the throttle further below the GND Idle point
  • Return the hardware throttle to idle
  • Press the toggle button again to return to GND idle

My hardware is currently a Thrustmaster T16000m FCS.

I would suggest if possible implementing a -detent clank sound- for all the different detents for both THROTTLE and CLs thus you can move your hardware lever and know when you reached the desired detent (a bit of detent nullzone is already implemented).

This would be really useful and easy to track lever movement without looking at the pedestal that can be an issue with the aircraft rolling

Hope this helps