Flight Controls bug V1.5

ChrisU85

@Chris737 It's very hard to tell what you were doing in that video.  If you have pedals assigned to the rudder and you move the pedals, or you click on the control box with the mouse and move side-to-side, the rudder pedals are going to animate in the cockpit. If that's not the case then please explain further.

@silverchord  Same..what were you doing at the time this happened?  Do you have hardware assigned to the rudder (pedals) ?  Were you using the mouse and moving it?  Please explain in more detail.

2 hours ago, JGregory said:

@Chris737 It's very hard to tell what you were doing in that video.  If you have pedals assigned to the rudder and you move the pedals, or you click on the control box with the mouse and move side-to-side, the rudder pedals are going to animate in the cockpit. If that's not the case then please explain further.

@silverchord  Same..what were you doing at the time this happened?  Do you have hardware assigned to the rudder (pedals) ?  Were you using the mouse and moving it?  Please explain in more detail.

2 hours ago, JGregory said:

Well, since i have this Birth, also in XP 10, the Rudder and the Elevator moves from the first secound, the Plane is loaded in the Simulator. So, sitting in the Cockpit after the Flight was loaded, its Cold & Dark. Then i change the View, for exc. Towerview or any else, the Rudder and the Elevator moves up an down. It seems like the moves in the wind. But they moves wild and uncontrolled. I use Saitek Yoke, CH-Pedals and CH-Throttles.

Normaly, it stops, while Takeoff, but today, it was after a normal Flight during the Approach, after i select VS in the Autopilot it starts moving and shaking like this... inflight...

LES_Saab_340A_1.avi

• Upvote 1

I get this a lot - tail waggling and elevator flapping, sitting on the ground at startup. Went to the external view now after removing all ground elements except nose wheel chocks, connecting GPU, and turning on the batteries, external power, nav lights, all 3 avionics systems, arming the emergency lightning and opening the cabin and cargo doors. I don't think any of those are necessary (it'll start flapping immediately), but wanted to be thorough. Edit: had to restart for TrackIR, and went through my setup slowly. At spawn, only the elevator was fluttering; removed the ground elements one by one with no effect. Turned on both batteries and checked - immediately the rudder started its waggling. So whatever's going on is dependent on electrical power and the batteries are sufficient. (I have the GPU connected but external power is not yet enabled on the overhead.)

Location is TNCM parking A4, using X-Plane's built-in real weather. I've attached the METAR.rwx in case it is weather-specific.

In the cockpit view, the pedals move in sync with the rudder movement. Hydraulics look normal for engine off (attached screenshot).

Applying my own pedals does affect the rudder as expected, but the 'random' waggling continues. At full deflection it'll jerk back to what appears to be a perfectly centered position.

The winds are steady at 10.10 (knots, presumably) but variable direction (060 thru 140 according to the METAR, which looks about right for the data outputs).

METAR.rwx

LES_Saab_340A_67.jpg

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Edited by nomdeplume

Further to the above post, two videos which hopefully show the behaviour we're trying to describe more clearly.

https://youtu.be/1E_myS6JlJk - showing cockpit and then external views with the control surfaces and flight controls displayed in the data graph window. First neutral controls, then full left rudder followed by full right, repeated for both views.

https://youtu.be/JU_MINjJy80 - showing external view with the weather and flight controls displayed in the data graph window. This video is with neutral controls.