Engines don't start with CH throttle quadrant

anthony_d

I just downloaded version 1.5 and last night I spend 90minutes trying to figure out why my engines weren't starting.

Procedure used in summary:

- Battery On
- Ext Power connected, battery switched on
- Throttle: Ground Idle
- Props: Start
- Start Lever: Left

At this point my left engine should begin cranking, but that wasn't happening. 

This morning I had a eureka moment:  I unplugged my CH throttle quadrant.  repeated the above procedure and I get the engines started as expected.

When I replugged the CH quadrant, the problem seems to be that the prop lever has to be **exactly** on the Start Detent - not *ever so* slightly above or below.  This is actually very difficult because the CH-Quadrant has a physical detent that is located ever so slightly below the start detent.  I retried with the Quadrant accounting for this, applying constant pressure to the levers to stop them falling into the physical detent.  I could crank the engines, but once the essential busses were back online, the engines shutdown again.

For now, the answer would be to not use the CH throttle quadrant.  

Make sure you have CH control manager installed. Set up a custom map for the plane. Set the detent level to 200 for each throttle and condition (prop) lever. Make sure to calibrate everything in CH control manager. Click the upload button in CH control manager, save the map. Reset up everything in xplane because now it shows up as a new device. Uncheck the "this is a ch throttle" checkbox in x-plane. Tada!

I've found using this utility and the plane profile in xplane and some tweaking, I can get just about any behavior I need out of the CH throttle quadrant.

Edited by Timendainum