X-Plane 11.10 frequent crashes

Vantskruv

So, I installed Gizmo and the Saab 340. I now get frequent crashes in X-Plane 11 when flying the Saab, I do not see any major hints in the logs, but I have a suspicion what the culprit is.

I think there may be incompatibility between Gizmo and xEnviro, either Gizmo or xEnviro makes X-Plane crash. Looking at the log of xEnviro, I do see at the time of crash it is polling for weather data.

Reason I am posting here in the forum is that this Saab version is new, and it may not be a incompatibility between xEnviro and Gizmo, it can instead be a bug in the Saab, or it can be incompatibility between Saab and xEnviro.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Vantskruv said:

So, I installed Gizmo and the Saab 340. I now get frequent crashes in X-Plane 11 when flying the Saab, I do not see any major hints in the logs, but I have a suspicion what the culprit is.

I think there may be incompatibility between Gizmo and xEnviro, either Gizmo or xEnviro makes X-Plane crash. Looking at the log of xEnviro, I do see at the time of crash it is polling for weather data.

Reason I am posting here in the forum is that this Saab version is new, and it may not be a incompatibility between xEnviro and Gizmo, it can instead be a bug in the Saab, or it can be incompatibility between Saab and xEnviro.

Log files aren't requested for fun. 

So deactivated all plugins except X-Camera, xEnviro and Gizmo (of course). And it did crash again.

I disabled now xEnviro, currently no crashes have happened. Time will say what is really wrong. I will fly the Saab a while without xEnviro, and then I will activate xEnviro again and see what happens.

Thanks for your support, great plane otherwise, I really like.

Edit: I already sent a bug-report to xEnviro team, so I hope you can put your heads together if this is the culprit. :)

Edited by Vantskruv

14 minutes ago, Vantskruv said:

So deactivated all plugins except X-Camera, xEnviro and Gizmo (of course). And it did crash again.

I disabled now xEnviro, currently no crashes have happened. Time will say what is really wrong. I will fly the Saab a while without xEnviro, and then I will activate xEnviro again and see what happens.

Thanks for your support, great plane otherwise, I really like.

Edit: I already sent a bug-report to xEnviro team, so I hope you can put your heads together if this is the culprit. :)

Thanks for turning this thread into a thorough investigation and report. I'll do what I can to continue improving gizmo but a collaborative effort with the xe team is unlikely at best. They're in direct competition with us.

Sky MAXX has no such issues.

Helping to fix what may well be entirely their bug does nothing but take away both my time and money. 

Unfortunately customers get stuck in the middle of this.

I'm having the same issue with the Saab. Also running xEnviro. For me, the hydraulic pump was running constantly and wasn't cycling. If I used the Override switch for the hydraulics and then switched back to Auto, the pump sound would stop. Once it cycled again, the sound looped constantly. 

Eventually the flight ended in a simulator crash. 

It should be noted that my setup has had issues with Gizmo-based aircraft dating back to X-Plane 10. Both the Saab and the IXEG have always resulted in crashes to desktop which I haven't been able to solve. I don't doubt it's a plugin conflict of some sort, but I'm not keen on having to run 2 different copies of the my simulator to correct an issue with certain products not playing nice.

Here are my logs.

debug.log

stack_trace.txt

Log.txt

METAR.rwx

GizmoLog.txt

xEnviroLog.txt

Edited by xterminator24
additional info

Yes it is not fun when everything crashes. Therefore I've made three dangerous python scripts for X-Plane, which deactivates problem-inducing plugins. I.e. CEF plugin for FFA320, Gizmo and xEnviro. So it is always possible to fly the aircraft you want, if you know what is causing the crashes and can solve it by this method.

Saab 340 is a great airplane, but I really miss xEnviro, I do not like the XP:s default weather, even with FSE and Reshade installed, the same goes for SMP.

I'am currently not sharing the scripts, because I'm afraid it can ruin some others computer (hence they are renaming the plugin .xpl files to .xpl_). Also they are quite ugly where I am running the python scripts from BAT files, which I've shortcutted to. :wacko:

Chiming in on the same issue - CTD when xEnviro downloads METAR. Some observations from my side:

• The crash happend for me after ~1hour of flight on ground, after having followed the parking checklist, after depressurizing the cabin and the moment I pushed open the front door (it was unlocked before). On preflight I had the front door opened already without any issue.
  • I use xEnviro alongside with the IXEG B733 (latest version), so far no CTD experienced - either I was lucky, or the CTD is not directly resulting from a Gizmo vs. xEnviro conflict, but instead is only triggered when Gizmo is used in a specific way (only speculating here, not knowing the differences in how both developers use Gizmo).

crash_logs_and_dump.zip

• Upvote 1