X-Plane V10 VFR?

FlorianR

From Ben's blog: Some users have asked about architecture and localization. I expect we will not ship out of the box with multiple local regions; however, the library system allows us (or any third party) to provide new artwork sets for local, architecturally reasonable buildings.

The question is, if you have OSM, will there be buildings in the street?

As far as I know, V10's streets are built from OSM data, where available. If Laminar was able to get OSM data for a particular location (which, off the top of my head means, at a minimum, the US, Canada, the UK and western Europe) you won't need OSM.

OSM is worldwide, so they better do that or else.

Good news Theo, if the library parameters are easy, we should see varied looks across the world, not the same fence with green trellis. We'll need some half-demolished ones for country australia& NZ.

I hope it can be randomized in the one area, eg 2 types of boundary fence.

I think it would also depend on the quality of the data. If the OSM data from a particular locale was sparse or lacking, Laminar might be better off using procedural roads. That's really a question for Ben, tho.

I think it would also depend on the quality of the data. If the OSM data from a particular locale was sparse or lacking, Laminar might be better off using procedural roads. That's really a question for Ben, tho.

Thanks Dp. What 'data' do they need, there's alot of map detail for Australia I notice, but I don't know if there's other metadata (or whatever you call it) that's lacking behind the scenes?

Thanks Dp. What 'data' do they need, there's alot of map detail for Australia I notice, but I don't know if there's other metadata (or whatever you call it) that's lacking behind the scenes?

I have no idea what data they have been able to get: you'd have to email Ben to find out. That said, I'd leave him alone for now, as Laminar is pushing as hard as humanly possible to ship v10.