Not acquiring VOR

Hello

I have tried several times to acquire a VOR frequency and radial but not have been successful.

I attach some pictures for a better understanding of my problem. I am sure I tuned the correct frequency and as you can see, then plane doesn’t seem to detect anything. I tuned it maybe 15 nm away from the VOR in XP 10.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

VOR tunned:

90dce26341327ef2018a30f5bacdd69b.jpg

VOR not displayed:

2f7fd5b140818333cb62e5766d6c47e0.jpg

General view of other settings. VOR LOC is disabled because I couldn’t even get the VOR to appear.

9240a36b876c5564925841568e410b0d.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Maps you might have and the nav data you have installed in XP do not always match!  Check in XP's in-sim map that you are using the correct frequency for the VOR.

Hi Morten.

Thanks for your answer. I just checked it and the info is the same. I am at MPDA and the VOR is not detected again.

I change the Course bug and the map spins but nothing appears. I checked on the in XP’s map and it shows the rose radial, but the plane doesn’t.

Curious: always I start the plane it is tunned to MPTO’s ILS frequency and that ALWAYS work but all the others don’t.

Correct frequency:

3ec8ba0006831cab5c489130b51defac.jpg

Course at 000, not shown in FD but in XP’s map:

cabffdd0e03aa065615dcd858103b22c.jpg

5d921e2cb01bbf55a6979840bae4b8fb.jpg

Course at 090, not shown in FD but in XP’s map:

f51274e2bc1361510286948afc3231dc.jpg

7153654aa0ad2aee9f53e36f8c46afb5.jpg

Hi, I just checked and the VOR is getting tuned just fine on my installation (XP11)

DAV 1.jpgDAV 2.jpg

Make sure that you don´t have any custom nav data files interfering on your installation of X-Plane (in the Custom Data folder). Also make sure that your nav-radio is not "failed" (this can happen if you enable random failures).

Otherwise I have no idea why you can´t receive the VOR, everything you set up seems correct.

Cheers, Jan

Hi Jan

Greetings. I tried with another plane, a Cessna 172 and it tunes just fine as you can see in the picture below.

Should I send you any file to check what could be happening with the 733?

Tuned to 114:30, radial 45 at MPDA.

0e0d4fe2a8e04e00ef75bf7891929a2e.jpg

I wouldnt know which file to get. Try at another airport, maybe?

You are the only one with this problem so far, so it must be something unique to your setup.

What strikes me odd in some of your pictures is that the standby horizon is tilted...did you open the standby power switch on the overhead? That would explain why the navradio 1 is not working, its connected to the standby bus.

Jan

• Upvote 1

I found the issue.

I have Saitek Multipanel and Saitek Switch Panel. I started playing around with it and found out that if I disable the Switchpanel everything will work. Somehow the Master Battery button is linked to the VOR/DME receiver. The MultiPanel works fine.

I got the beautiful magenta radial now!!!

• Upvote 2

• 2 years later...

I was pulling my hair on this one as well, couldn't figure out why ILS G/S wasn't captured or why VOR/DME wasn't working. Turns out I had the same problem: my Saitek switchpanel configuration was acting up. After I disconnected the panels and disabled the xsaitekpanels plugin, it works like a charm.

So, thanks for reporting back here @teban13 :-)

• Like 1

To follow-up, I have installed the IXEG 737 specific xsaitekpanels config from here: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/38734-xsaitekpanels-configuration-for-ixeg-737-300/

After installing them I had no problems with VOR navigation. Before installing this specific configuration for the IXEG 737, it was looking at default xsaitekpanels config that didn't agree well, so to speak :-)