Announcing TerraMaxx - Seasons for X-Plane!

Cameron

Hi Cameron...this is a very welcome add-on!

Do the caveats regarding orthophotos and 3rd-party scenery apply to the fall-colored trees, being they typically are created with autogen? What about World2X-Plane objects? In other words, is it only the custom (non-autogen) objects that won't get seasonal effects? These questions may or may not make sense as my understanding of these topics is still a bit murky...feel free to set me straight!

Edited by jsperl

3 hours ago, wain said:

will this work with MAXXFX to?

John's reply is correct above, but a little confusing, so I'm going to re-iterate what he's saying:

1. TerraMaxx comes with post-processing as an option already preset and a small ability to adjust (nothing like MaxxFX). If you use this FEATURE then we do not suggest using MaxxFX with it.

2. If you do NOT use the feature by turning it off in the TerraMaxx settings, then you can use MaxxFX as you desire.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jsperl said:

Do the caveats regarding orthophotos and 3rd-party scenery apply to the fall-colored trees, being they typically are created with autogen?

In this instance fall colored trees should work.

1 hour ago, jsperl said:

What about World2X-Plane objects?

I believe those use a custom library from Tony (the creator). As such, he can make it work with TerraMaxx by introducing the new seasonal sets, otherwise it will just show his normal textures on the objects regardless of the season (terrain like snow on the ground will of course be controlled by TerraMaxx).

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JohnMAXX said:

REGION_DREF maxxxp/seasonsxp/is_autumn == 1

So, I specify this region in my library.txt, put the ortho in a separate folder and reference the ortho not locally but using a virtual library path in WED? 

Further, for providing basic compatibility from the beginning, I give the user options to remove the ortho and all custom vegetation so only default vegetation and ground polys are used. Would this suffice for basic compatibility with TerraMaxx? 

Just now, jsperl said:

Cool. Assuming no sticker shock, I'm looking forward to getting some color in the trees!

I'm going to test an area for you JUST to be sure. Won't be straight away here, but I don't want to give you false information. Will quote back to you when I have an answer for certain...it just donned on me that ortho's may have a way of overriding that aspect, but perhaps not, so I'll dive in and get a for sure answer soon (before release).

1 hour ago, paradoxagi said:

So, I specify this region in my library.txt, put the ortho in a separate folder and reference the ortho not locally but using a virtual library path in WED? 

Further, for providing basic compatibility from the beginning, I give the user options to remove the ortho and all custom vegetation so only default vegetation and ground polys are used. Would this suffice for basic compatibility with TerraMaxx? 

You're on the right track with your thinking but no not necessarily a virtual link ,you can add a "winter" folder inside the custom scenery folder and link to there.....

Also the simple way, as you suggested,  would work.....

Again it all will make sense when I get a good example going ;)

14 hours ago, JohnMAXX said:

you can add a "winter" folder inside the custom scenery folder and link to there.

So, that means, I don't have to reference any single ortho pol file (some of my sceneries have many of them, about some hundreds) in the library.txt but only the seasons folders?