Announcing TerraMaxx - Seasons for X-Plane!

Cameron

4 minutes ago, ikanber said:

Long pause on loading really make the sim uplayable on the online networks. Just Wondering is there any way to reduce it?

At the moment, no. Laminar has a very specific way on how they allow scenery loaded in, and right now we're at the best solution for what they can offer us (we've worked with them over the last year and a half or so just to make it to this point).

It's a fair thing to say that it's not great for online networks in Auto mode though. The only real option there is to stick to one season (which is not so realistic on a transcon). One thing at a time. We'll keep working away at Laminar as time progresses. They tend to work with us a lot so long as it's something manageable on their end too. :)

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, JEFX said:

I am a pilot (despite very modest Private Pilot flying Cessnas) and spring seen from the air can be soooo beautiful!

Hey, I fly as well, but I have to admit I live in Florida and seasons here are not really pronounced. Since spring is coming in the next few months, you should take some nice real world pictures for us to consider this as an update. :)

9 hours ago, CaptCWGAllen said:

Well I must say I am totally smitten with TerraMaxx. Have been flying the three new  seasons up in Alaska. I love the overlays, and the detail using the normal maps option is stunning. Also love the way the light changes with the seasons. I think the subtle hues are just gorgeous.  Brilliant addition. Thank you. Game changer !

Peter

Glad you enjoy it! :)

Hello Cameron,

I believe you should at least put a loading meter to show the loading activity and how much is left.  I have yet to sit and allow it to load fully.  I always think that my sim has frozen up so I just Ctrl+Alt+Del and restart the sim.  If I had some kind of a meter to show its activity, I might wait on it.

Thank you,

Bob

18 hours ago, JohnMAXX said:

Oh another side note, the recently released UM v3 has a library.txt you can use as a guide for scenery creation....

Great addition. Looks fantastic.

10 hours ago, CaptCWGAllen said:

Well I must say I am totally smitten with TerraMaxx. Have been flying the three new  seasons up in Alaska. I love the overlays, and the detail using the normal maps option is stunning. Also love the way the light changes with the seasons. I think the subtle hues are just gorgeous.  Brilliant addition. Thank you. Game changer !

Peter

Same opinion. Post processing is tuned fine...

59 minutes ago, signmanbob said:

Hello Cameron,

I believe you should at least put a loading meter to show the loading activity and how much is left.  I have yet to sit and allow it to load fully.  I always think that my sim has frozen up so I just Ctrl+Alt+Del and restart the sim.  If I had some kind of a meter to show its activity, I might wait on it.

Thank you,

Bob

Hi Bob,

X-Plane actually controls the load based on a command we send to it. We are not given information from X-Plane on how far along in the process it is, and thus we cannot relay that back to you at this time.

6 hours ago, JohnMAXX said:

It's possible,  not something that can be done easily and not something I'm willing to offer right now...You're asking a broad question so I'm going to refrain from offering up a solution, it's easy to really mess up the scenery....it involves editing the library.txt....

So it's more complex than doing a bit of search & replace?

Also, since the current beta, XP ties (distant) ground lighting to the ground textures. Do those distant lights show with terramaxx as well?

1 hour ago, Cameron said:

X-Plane actually controls the load based on a command

17 minutes ago, tolix said:

Yes it must be optimizied

2 hours ago, signmanbob said:

I always think that my sim has frozen up

If my impression is correct, TerraMaxx simply issues the "reload scenery" command to X-Plane (the same which you can call from X-Plane's developer menu and which takes the same amount of time). This is probably necessary because of the way how X-Plane's scenery works: It loads entire scenery tiles for an area, with mesh, streets, buildings, and so on. This simply takes as long as it takes and as long X-Plane's own scenery loading method does not change significantly, any texture-based seasons addon will have these loading times. It's not TerraMaxx' fault.

1 hour ago, JohnMAXX said:

If I remember correctly they added lit textures to the urban terrain, should be an easy fix made to  the Urbanmaxx v3 module.....Ill look into it very soon 

Really?

I didn't think it'd be something easily fixed :)

Cheers!

struggling to get this Urbanmaxx v3 downloaded, keeps time out at 85%, tried an IDM and through Firefox, any suggestions welcome....though I am not really sure I understand what it does......

re-terramaxx....... reloading of textures is causing some aircraft to revert to plain livery, anyone else seeing this?

looks good what I have seen so far, tried some day, night & changing of dates......

12 minutes ago, wain said:

struggling to get this Urbanmaxx v3 downloaded, keeps time out at 85%, tried an IDM and through Firefox, any suggestions welcome....though I am not really sure I understand what it does......

re-terramaxx....... reloading of textures is causing some aircraft to revert to plain livery, anyone else seeing this?

looks good what I have seen so far, tried some day, night & changing of dates......

There might be a load on the server I'll check it out in a few....

I assume you are using a non-beta XP11? Prior to 10.20vr5 this issue exsisted on LR's end and was fixed. So if you don't get involved in betas it will be fixed when 11.20 goes final 

I have my first scenery working now:

EDXE with TerraMaxx Seasons - FlyAgi.de

If you want to download, just follow the blue highlighted links, on the downloads page you will find the download at the bottom, after the (german) installation guide. For TerraMaxx Seasons to use there is absolutely nothing required to do other than just copy the folders you find in the zip into Custom Scenery. 

1 hour ago, paradoxagi said:

I have my first scenery working now:

EDXE with TerraMaxx Seasons - FlyAgi.de

If you want to download, just follow the blue highlighted links, on the downloads page you will find the download at the bottom, after the (german) installation guide. For TerraMaxx Seasons to use there is absolutely nothing required to do other than just copy the folders you find in the zip into Custom Scenery. 

We're you able to sort .pol files out?