Announcing TerraMaxx - Seasons for X-Plane!

Cameron

The day is almost over (at least for the major part of the world) and I'm still not able to get TerraMaxx. Communication about delay? Nope. Not that I can't live with it.... I just get the impression that the flight sim world, or maybe just the X-Plane world (?) has major communication problems. Almost every release ends up in what the non-flight sim world would consider a communication debacle. Big announcements, which end up in nothing, not even a follow up communication...

is it just me?

40 minutes ago, Cameron said:

We operate in the USA. It is still very much business day here, and we don't intend to break our promise of a Saturday release.

I imagined a delay for some zones of the world, but it's not a big deal. it's not even a trouble since I don't usually fly at 1 AM :)

14 minutes ago, Cameron said:

If things continue going smoothly as they are in this final stretch of work right now, I anticipate we will have TerraMaxx available for purchase within the next 1 hour.

I hope some day someone will explain how this things happens.

2 hours ago, fsjoe said:

The day is almost over (at least for the major part of the world) and I'm still not able to get TerraMaxx. Communication about delay? Nope. Not that I can't live with it.... I just get the impression that the flight sim world, or maybe just the X-Plane world (?) has major communication problems. Almost every release ends up in what the non-flight sim world would consider a communication debacle. Big announcements, which end up in nothing, not even a follow up communication...

is it just me?

11 minutes ago, tolix said:

I hope some day someone will explain how this things happens.

It's plain economics. Most vendors in the sim world (especially XP- specific I would think) are very small operations (often only 1 person) creating products for a relatively small marketplace (not really a lot of money in it). They don't usually have personnel available whose only job is to communicate to the public. Virtually nobody is getting rich in this industry and probably most don't make a full-time living at it. For the most part it is a labor of love for these creators. And anyone who has any experience with software development knows things almost always go wrong at the last minute and delays are practically inevitable. This happens with big software companies as well, but as you can imagine the smaller the company, the less resources are available to get the product out in time AND communicate with the public efficiently. 

This is a very simplified explanation but the moral of the story is to be patient or you'll always be frustrated. Just goes with the territory. It'll be out when it's out. Take a deep breath and enjoy all the stuff you already have! No amount of nagging on the forums is going to make the release any sooner.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, jsperl said:

It's plain economics. Most vendors in the sim world (especially XP- specific I would think) are very small operations (often only 1 person) creating products for a relatively small marketplace (not really a lot of money in it). They don't usually have personnel available whose only job is to communicate to the public. Virtually nobody is getting rich in this industry and probably most don't make a full-time living at it. For the most part it is a labor of love for these creators. And anyone who has any experience with software development knows things almost always go wrong at the last minute and delays are practically inevitable. This happens with big software companies as well, but as you can imagine the smaller the company, the less resources are available to get the product out in time AND communicate with the public efficiently. 

This is a very simplified explanation but the moral of the story is to be patient or you'll always be frustrated. Just goes with the territory. It'll be out when it's out. Take a deep breath and enjoy all the stuff you already have! No amount of nagging on the forums is going to make the release any sooner.

I would be really happy if you could write this in other forums...

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, jsperl said:

Very well said and thank You! :)

• Upvote 1

My first test flight KDENKSLC. I set it to deep winter because when I set it to today's  date the season it showed it was summer? Changed it back to Deep Winter so I could see the snow. Beautiful flight between KDENKSLC. Looks beautiful arriving in KSLC. Thank you for providing this great scenery package.

Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 6.10.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-17 at 6.14.01 PM.png

Edited by 777-300

Ok Cameron, since our last conversation I had time to run to the theatre and conduct (I am a professional orchestra conductor...) the Rite of spring for the ballet here in Montreal (les Grands Ballets Canadien they are called) and came back home at midnight still totally full of adrenaline... if one doesnt know the Rite of spring please check it out, it is the most brutal and exciting piece of music... and then: Lo! Just dowloaded it and played a bit with it: it is brilliant and very beautiful, thanks so much!!!

I had to ask the (perhaps) stupid question: why no spring?????

thanks again, great product as ever!!