1000 to level sound

CptIceman

IIRC this is intentional and modeled after the real plane (at least in the Lufthansa variant), where the aural altitude alert is not triggered when the AP flies the plane and is about to intercept the altitude.

Edited by mgeiss

Hi CptIceman,

I have added the 1000 foot chime to the list of requests. Shouldn´t be that hard to implement, but it will definitely create some puzzled looks when people view the preferences :lol:.

There is currently only a chime when you approach your altitude at an excessive rate. And of course the regular altitude deviation warning.

Cheers, Jan

Glad to hear that you like it! Especially coming from someone who flew the real aircraft.

There are many many different configurations of the 737-300. Everything from instrument panel configuration, different avionics, airline specific setups - heck, at Lufthansa we even had the switches on the overhead work "reversed".

Naturally we developed the aircraft according to the aircraft we had access to. We have some user preference (steam gauges, eyebrow windows), but mostly the aircraft is "just the way it is" ;).

I remember when we got aircraft in our fleet with different audio-selector-panels or the new MCP with buttons for the AP, instead of the engagement paddles. First you think "well, this is total crap" - but eventually you get used to it. I think I was spoiled with how much commonality we had in our fleet, I am sure there are operators where every aircraft has it´s own little "character" and setup.

I fly the A320 family now, and the range of configurations from our old A319s to the new NEO 320s is staggering...

Cheers, Jan

Hahaha.

Yeah I know.  At least the 300 that we had were almost the same, except for the steam gauges at the center panel.  Only one had the digital engine indicators, and another one was still without EFIS.  Good all analog AI and HSI.

The ones that were really a circus were the 200.  Man those were a "one of a kind".  But how I loved to fly the 200.  The only time the AP fully took over the flight was at cruise level.  The climb. we used to use it in CWS and the descent was all manual. No GPS, no IRS no FMC, monocromatic WR...  It was a delight.  Those were the "good ol' days!".  Only one 200 had the MCP.

Anyway...

Cheers for the awesome work you did on this bird.   First thing I noticed is the "Starting Engines" at 7,300.  We could barly reach 24% on N2, just like the IXEG.  Also I love the how good is when you have the window panel open to hear those CFM56 waking up and when you close it, it smoothly changes to a sweet hum.

There is one minor detail though that I noticed.   Without the AP engaged, on manual flight.  I hear the Trim Wheel sound a lot.

And a small suggestion... hahaha

Would be nice while aligning the IRS to be able to go outside the plane and have do a "preflight walk around".

Cheers!

Yeah, that vibes with what I heard about the -200. When I started flying the -300/400/500s in early 96 we still had some -200s (or "Bs", as they were called at our company). I didn´t get the conversion required to fly them, as we were phasing them out at that time. But the Captains really love them, and didn´t hold much regard for all that "modern electronic gadgetry" that the "Classic" entailed then :lol:.

Regarding the trim wheel - it should not sound in manual flight UNLESS the speed trim function is active (high power settings, flaps not up). Please let me know if the trim runs at other times. We model the "mach trim" effect, but without actually moving the wheel.

You can switch to outside view and do your walkaround (hit C) - or at least pretend to. We don´t model the gauges on the hydraulic reservoirs, brake wear pins or other things you might pick up on a real walkaround...

Cheers, Jan