Barely moving

BjornMa

Hi

So I updated to 1.21, and noticed that I need more thrust than usual to get her to move.
As much as 42% N2 was needed to just keep her moving at steady speed (slightly uphill) in the image attatched.

Airport is ENBR
(Also, does the "older" engine switch between 1 and 2? Really slow respons from the left engine this flight, while another day it was the right engine)

Thrust2.png

Edited by Morten

Hi Bjorn,

nothing was changed on the engine modeling since "forever" - in fact not even with the advent of XP11, as we calculate thrust in our own module. N1 required to taxi depends on weight, slope and temperature - values in excess of 40% seem excessive, though! Judging from the V2 set up you must have had a pretty high grossweight, though. As a matter of fact, to have a V2 of 162 the plane would need to weigh about 70tons...

The engine´s acceleration depends on the engine "age" - which is randomly set between sessions. We did this because real engines rarely accelerate equally well and also show slightly different parameters (EGT, N2, ...) for the same N1.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 2

Thank you guys! 
Possibly something wrong with the airport. Feels like taxiing through mud, lol.
It does taxi normal at most other airports.

48 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Judging from the V2 set up you must have had a pretty high grossweight, though.

I don't know why, but I tend to set the speed to V2+15.

Edited by BjornMa

The orange speed cursor should be set to V2 exactly - this is what you would fly at an engine failure. The plastic bug marker should be set at V2+15 (this is the safe speed to make turns with bank >15 deg). You should actually fly about V2+20 during initial climbout.

Jan

• Upvote 1

On 06.03.2018 at 10:09 PM, Litjan said:

The engine´s acceleration depends on the engine "age" - which is randomly set between sessions. We did this because real engines rarely accelerate equally well and also show slightly different parameters (EGT, N2, ...) for the same N1.

Cheers, Jan

Good to know! Never heard about it before.

Especially because I would also say some words about poor climb rates and cruise performance sometimes.

13 hours ago, Hullu-poika said:

Good to know! Never heard about it before.

Especially because I would also say some words about poor climb rates and cruise performance sometimes.

The "engine age" should not affect climb rates and cruise performance at all. You would see different EGT and N2 for the same N1 in a differently "aged" engine, but the certified performance will not change.

If you find a regime where the plane does not perform as you would expect, I would ask you to specify that, including a screenshot with a stabilized climb, showing dataref output of:

• weights
  • temperature
  • altitude
  • airspeed
  • engine thrust

so I can take a look at that.

Thanks, Jan

• Upvote 1