[Confirmed]High oil temp in cruise

jojo2993

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there..

I'm worried now lol as I had an engine fire on a previous flight and I don't know what caused it.. Just doing another flight here and I'm getting quite high oil temps and im not sure if this is normal.. If it isn't, what could have caused it?. as you can see in the screen shot I don't think I'm pushing the engines that hard. I'm starting to think I've cocked something up.

Cheers for any help

B733_13.png

The high oil temperature is a known issue - we don´t model the oil temp ourselves (using standard X-Plane) and something must have changed. It is purely cosmetic, though - it should not cause an engine fire.

To avoid getting "failures" you can switch those off in the failure menu. If you have failures enabled, they are totally random, X-Plane does not model failures do to engine exceedance.

The only failures you would get due to exceeding a limitiation would be flaps torn off at high speeds (there is an extra option for that) and tires blown for overstressing them laterally.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

Ahhh Thanks for clearing that up .. . Do you know and I searched for someone else who may have posted something about this.. Obviously I hadnt searched hard enough lol, sorry about that, I was really tired last night.

Im quite partial to the odd failure.. So long as it's not me who's caused it haha.. :P.. I'm used to flying broken planes from IL-2 so im all game for a challenge.

Cheers Jan!.

Edited by Vanadeo
  • Upvote 1