1.21 Gatekeeper Gizmo issue

rafgath

I installed the 1.21 this morning and did a quick 10NM ILS landing. I noticed these problems

• When I was engaging the Thrust Reversers at landing, the THRUST reversers levers (Cockpit view) were not seen moving at all. However, I was able to see the light "REVERSERS UNLOCKED" glow and see the ENGINE COVERS retracting (external view/outside view). I didnt try it enough number of times to see if the KEYS in my joystick had any problem (had to run to office, I live in EST ;)). I am reporting this issue to see if any other IXEG fan has faced the same problem

I was desperate to see the new update. But, this IXEG 737 is my most favorite XPlane 11 airplane...Thank you all again

3 minutes ago, vnangli said:

I installed the 1.21 this morning and did a quick 10NM ILS landing. I noticed these problems

• When I was engaging the Thrust Reversers at landing, the THRUST reversers levers (Cockpit view) were not seen moving at all. However, I was able to see the light "REVERSERS UNLOCKED" glow and see the ENGINE COVERS retracting (external view/outside view). I didnt try it enough number of times to see if the KEYS in my joystick had any problem (had to run to office, I live in EST ;)). I am reporting this issue to see if any other IXEG fan has faced the same problem

I was desperate to see the new update. But, this IXEG 737 is my most favorite XPlane 11 airplane...Thank you all again

what do you use to engage/apply thrust reverse?

-if you use toggle thrust reverse command it will just engage, you neet to apply throlttles which will apply reverse.

-otherwise you need to to hold thrust reverse at max. This will engage and apply reverse thrust while you keep pressing the button

Edited by mmerelles
  • Upvote 1

Just now, mmerelles said:

what do you use the engage/apply thrust reverse?

I am using one of the keys on my Logitech Joystick. It is not one of the AXIS levers (thank you for guiding me with a similar issue on Zibo's 800 plane). In fact the key I am using is mapped to the function HOLD THRUST LEVERS AT MAX. I also have another key mapped to TOGGLE THRUST LEVERS. Neither of them actuate the THRUST REVERSER LEVERS.

Thanks again for looking into my question

• Upvote 1

Just now, vnangli said:

I am using one of the keys on my Logitech Joystick. It is not one of the AXIS levers (thank you for guiding me with a similar issue on Zibo's 800 plane). In fact the key I am using is mapped to the function HOLD THRUST LEVERS AT MAX. I also have another key mapped to TOGGLE THRUST LEVERS. Neither of them actuate the THRUST REVERSER LEVERS.

Thanks again for looking into my question

Toggle reverse is for most simmers having a throttle lever but no reverse lever. So you "toggle" from forward thrust to reverse mode, then you move your hardware lever fordward to apply reverse thrust.

Hold max will do everything as long as you push and keep pressing the button enough time for reverses to engage, and thrust to be applied automatically. When you release the button thrust go away and the engines go back to forward thrust.

note: reverse thrust will not engage in any Boeing aircraft if forward thrust is still applied. Double check there is no a calibration issue, you can monitor if engines are properly at IDLE thrust on the displays for the purpose of testing and test reverse at the ground. No need to go landing for testing this.

5 minutes ago, mmerelles said:

Toggle reverse is for most simmers having a throttle lever but no reverse lever. So you "toggle" from forward thrust to reverse mode, then you move your hardware lever fordward to apply reverse thrust.

Hold max will do everything as long as you push and keep pressing the button enough time for reverses to engage, and thrust to be applied automatically. When you release the button thrust go away and the engines go back to forward thrust.

note: reverse thrust will not engage in any Boeing aircraft if forward thrust is still applied. Double check there is no a calibration issue, you can monitor if engines are properly at IDLE thrust on the displays for the purpose of testing and test reverse at the ground. No need to go landing for testing this.

Now I know what I was doing wrong..As soon as I touched down, I was using the key assigned to  "HOLD THRUST LEVERS AT MAX". 

Should I manually pull the THRUST LEVERS to ZERO (which will be still be in FORWARD position at the time of touchdown) and then use the KEY assigned for " HOLD THRUST LEVERS AT MAX"? Maybe I was doing the same mistake with Zibo's 800 as well (you had replied to my questions, do you recall??). Thanks again. Can you please confirm if I have got it right?

Just now, vnangli said:

Now I know what I was doing wrong..As soon as I touched down, I was using the key assigned to  "HOLD THRUST LEVERS AT MAX". 

Should I manually pull the THRUST LEVERS to ZERO (which will be still be in FORWARD position at the time of touchdown) and then use the KEY assigned for " HOLD THRUST LEVERS AT MAX"? Maybe I was doing the same mistake with Zibo's 800 as well (you had replied to my questions, do you recall??). Thanks again. Can you please confirm if I have got it right?

yes perfectly correct.

engines need to go to idle thrust first (by pulling the thrust lever all the way back), then you are able to initiate the reverse engagement. This is how the real aircraft works.

note: there is a pin safety mechanism that does not allow reversers to engage if throttles are not all the way back to idle

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, mmerelles said:

yes perfectly correct.

engines need to go to idle thrust first (by pulling the thrust lever all the way back), then you are able to initiate the reverse engagement. This is how the real aircraft works.

note: there is a pin safety mechanism that does not allow reversers to engage if throttles are not all the way back to idle

My hands are itching to go try the new learning....But still have about another 6 hours to go....:(

Thank you again...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, rafgath said:

Hi,

I just installed a fresh copy of Ixeg 737 v1.21 but getting an issue as below.

Regards,

B733_1.png

I'm getting a similar situation. The initial loading is fine. This happens for me if I go to another aircraft and then back to the IXEG. Although, mine shows the pilot's head. Here's my screenshot:

B733_ reload error.jpg

Edited by Torbinator

12 minutes ago, Torbinator said:

I'm getting a similar situation. The initial loading is fine. This happens for me if I go to another aircraft and then back to the IXEG. Although, mine shows the pilot's head. Here's my screenshot:

B733_ reload error.jpg

See if the solution provided in the attached post fixes any of the problems you are facing...Share your experience.

Thanks

Vijay

7 hours ago, Torbinator said:

Vijay, My gizmo tray was not deactivated, but I went to try Cameron's suggestion of deleting a file called Marker.1 anyway. The only files in the X-Aviation folder was Uninstall IXEG 737 Classicdat, XA_Uninstall.exe, and XA_Uninstall.data.

I faced the same problem you have highlighted, this evening.

if IXEG is the first Airplane opened after Xplane is started, it opens fine. But if I switch to IXEG after having opened any other airplane. The error message Torbinator has highlighted has been appearing.

Any help??

10 hours ago, Torbinator said:

Vijay, My gizmo tray was not deactivated, but I went to try Cameron's suggestion of deleting a file called Marker.1 anyway. The only files in the X-Aviation folder was Uninstall IXEG 737 Classicdat, XA_Uninstall.exe, and XA_Uninstall.data.

3 hours ago, vnangli said:

if IXEG is the first Airplane opened after Xplane is started, it opens fine. But if I switch to IXEG after having opened any other airplane. The error message Torbinator has highlighted has been appearing.

Where is your X-Plane directory installed?

This seems really suspect of permission issues, but @Ben Russell will ultimately know best.

The fact a marker.1 file is never created signifies a problem for sure, and that's why it leads me to suspect a write error based on folder permissions in X-Plane/X-Aviation.

8 hours ago, Litjan said:

We are looking into this!

The interim solution here is to not fly another airplane but only ours :lol::lol:.

No seriously, we shall fix this ASAP.

Cheers, Jan

IXEG is here to rule...Great job, you guys deserve a pat on the back...These are minor issues, I understand.

Next serious question : When is IXEG 747 coming? :lol:

Edited by vnangli
typo

On 9.2.2018 at 2:08 PM, vonmarty said:

I went from FJS732 to IXEG737 and got a message:
..... "extensions/gatekeeper ..... (see screenshot)

And the IXEG's panel shows wrong panel/gauge textures.

ixeg-msg-gautex.jpg

I have the same issue at my end.

It took a while to discover, since I do not fly any other aircraft :-)

I began investigating after discovering the mousepointer did not meet any of the clickspots anymore. I will try to explain: When I load X plane everything seems fine, but after a while all the clickspots in the cockpit shift "offset". I can click and adjust buttons and knobs, but I have to position the mouse very off. (10 cm below and to the right)

When I try to reboot the console I too get the error message.

---

First time I noticed it; imagine how this affected my landing at a busy EGLL just after trying to engage APPR :lol:

• Morten featured this topic
8 hours ago, Scandi426 said:

I have the same issue at my end.

It took a while to discover, since I do not fly any other aircraft :-)

I began investigating after discovering the mousepointer did not meet any of the clickspots anymore. I will try to explain: When I load X plane everything seems fine, but after a while all the clickspots in the cockpit shift "offset". I can click and adjust buttons and knobs, but I have to position the mouse very off. (10 cm below and to the right)

When I try to reboot the console I too get the error message.

---

First time I noticed it; imagine how this affected my landing at a busy EGLL just after trying to engage APPR :lol:

This may be a bug with 11.20vr3:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/141415-strange-mouse-glitch/

Cheers, Jan

2 hours ago, Litjan said:

Definitely the case, Jan.

So I will rest my case - half of it concerning the clickspots - I strongly felt it was related to LR trying to fit the VR-realm onto the cockpits in XP.

Hope you have luck solving the "gatekeeper" issue :-)