Version 1.21 causes X-Plane to crash

Super27

Hi,

Just installed to version 1.21.  Sadly during loading X-Plane crashes. See log.

1313b2cefd.png

Also noticed that an IXEG_Hotfix.zip was placed into the XP11 main folder with the update.  Does it need to be opened/extracted? I looked into it and found a bunch of Lua sripts inside that zip file. Or should it remain as is in the XP11 main folder?

Appreciate your help!

Thank you,

Werner

Edited by Morten

Hi vonmarty,

Thank you for trying.  I had initially problems with the install until I read about the revised installer. After downloading the installer again, the installation went fine.

Wonder if that has something to do with it.  Maybe it should not be inside the XP11 main folder at all.

Anyway, thank you again for the help!

All the best,

Werner

Edit:  Deleted the IXEG_Hotfix.zip file from XP11 main folder and tried to launch X-Plane again.  Did not work. XP crashed again and the new log shows the same.

Edited by Super27

15 hours ago, Super27 said:

Edit:  Deleted the IXEG_Hotfix.zip file from XP11 main folder and tried to launch X-Plane again.  Did not work. XP crashed again and the new log shows the same.

Just for resolution, this was okay to do.

The Hotfix.zip file simply contains the latest encrypted programming scripts from the installer server. What happened here was you started an install and then aborted it (likely due to the component error that we fixed last night), and so normally this file gets auto-deleted after it's unzipped and placed in the aircraft folder by the installer, but since the installer never got to that point in the install sequence it remained. You can leave it there too if it makes you feel better, but it will never serve a purpose to the aircraft itself. :P

13 hours ago, Super27 said:

Found the simplest fix of them all. :rolleyes:

Downloaded and installed the aircraft one more time and all is well.

Thank you all for trying to help me out!

All the best,

Werner

Hi Werner, your « copilot » here, i was about to say that you may have had an issue with the installation, but i came in too late ;-).