Take Command! IXEG 737 Classic v1.21 Update Released!

Cameron

13 hours ago, Cameron said:

Haha. "Basic."

Some people never cease to amaze me with their inner keyboard warrior.

I mean basics from a viewpoint of a sim-pilot. If it is that difficult to implement, why not informing us that you just cannot do it or whatever the exact reason is. Because after years it's not just about patience, it seems that there is something wrong somewehere, but for us customers it's not clear where the problem exactly is. So i would really appreciate a clear statment / communication about further development. Or perhaps i missed it, since i don't visit that forum very often? I really said nothing during years but now it begins to be just too long and i'm questionning if we will see a completed aircraft one day. I'm sure you can understand that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

This aircraft focuss on non basic stuff. You speak of freeware airplane, but none of 'hem has correct electrical circuit nor correct pressurization modelling you know. Regarding Speed Intervention, take a look at the history of the 737, it has been an optionnal feature before newest model numbers. The HOLD, regarding the HOLD, if you are a pilot, you know how to do this, or you can use CWS to be helped. This add-on is a "model", an accurate modellisation of a lot of things. You have to accept that even in the best science laboratory, we use models to represent in a a simplified form the complexicity of life and machines.

I was once in a laboratory that published papers only in Science and Nature. Well, we published in top-level journals, but didn''t have perfect models, we had good-enough approximations of what we wanted to show.

See the IXEG Classic as a scientific model (that's the case, it was produced by engineers, not aircraft geeks), that should do the trick.

Hi,

I am agree about the speed/altitude intervention. That's an option not present on all aircrafts. I am flying the real CL and NG, and all CL's are differents.

But all have the possibility to fly a hodling. This is not an option.

Don't forget that on a real aircraft, we are both (One flying and one dealing with systems and checklists), and in front of our computer, we are alone. A simmer need automation, and in my opinion, this is not acceptable not to have the possibility to fly a holding with the A/P (At least, on this kind of aircraft). More, not all failures are realistics with the IXEG. Some indications lights are missing with some failures.

After my NG rating, I have try the Zibo 737, and I was really impressed by the level of realism, even with failures.

Sure, that's not perfect, and it will never be, but we definitely don't have the basics with IXEG.

Vincent

Hello Vincent,

I would like to hear about the indication lights that are missing with some failures? Be aware that we are not simulating failures per se - so if you trigger an X-Plane failure, only very few will work correctly in the IXEG 737. Mostly because we are simulating the systems with custom code - so if you "fail" the generator bus in X-Plane this will have no effect since we don´t use some of the X-Plane systems.

But if you switch something off in the cockpit and the corresponding warning lights don´t light up (example: Turn off fuel pump and the corresponding low pressure light doesn´t shine), this I would like to hear about as it would constitute a bug.

Yes, I miss the hold function as well - but if you are really a real 737 pilot and have trouble flying a holding with HDG SEL please let me know which airline you work for so I know what to avoid in my future travels. Sorry for the snidey remark.

Jan

• Upvote 1

Holding:

to be able to fly it manualy is one thing. For a RW Pilot + CO, probably peanuts.

For the average single seater airmchair pilot in an online enviroment like Vatsim/Ivao/PilotEdge on a busy day/airport or FlyIn, Tough task !!

You definetly don't want to bust that one. ;-)

So, we poooor Simmer pilots like to have that piece of automation handy (at least)

Patiently waiting for that update and feature to come. (same for a improved VNAV)

Regards

Oliver

Zibo 738, a different story oc, but it has all these features and gimmicks and is a real joy to fly in above mentioned enviroment ...

It is one of my two "go to" aircrafts for this and not the IXEG (which i'd rather love to fly)

• Upvote 1

With the release of the freeware Zibo 738 and Ultimate 739 I almost feel sorry for you, the developers out there who need sales to finance the costs of your simulation projects.   

The quality of these two planes is excellent and as been mentioned, have features that the IXEG does not.

Nevertheless, I still love the old IXEG 733.  The immersion factor in the flightdeck and the flight model are outstanding. And let's not forget Jan's fantastic support.

Personally, I don't need a fancy cabin.  I would be happy with an updated FMC, VNAV and fmod sounds.  A 737-500 expansion would be icing on the cake. I love the baby 737!

Edited by CYUL900
  • Like 1

Hi Jan,

First of all, don't worry, I am flying for ASLB, a cargo company.

I don't have any problem flying a holding with hdg sel, we use to train raw data or FMC or IRS failure during sim sessions (funnyby the way).

But I said and some other people said, flying alone with this 737 can be painfull without the possibility of flying a holding, mainly if we simulate a failure.

As far as I know, xieg 737 is the only product of this type that does not include holding.

Vincent

• Like 1

Well, yes of course - having a fully functioning FMS with those features would be desirable in my book, too! After all this is the design goal we had - to have a complete replica of the real jet. And the real FMS has those features for a reason, and I agree that they can be a relief for the oversaturated single-pilot online pilot.

I would not agree that it is not possible to use the IXEG in this context - the real 737 can legally be flown without an FMS (in the applicable PBN environment).

Unfortunately I can´t forecast when we will have developer time available to start working on this.

Do you think it would help if I posted a video on youtube on how to fly a holding with the autopilot, stopwatch  and the FIX page, so the average simmer has a plan what to do when the online controller asks him to hold?

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately I can´t forecast when we will have developer time available to start working on this.

Oh, i had the impression, it had started already.... (11.30 stable, etc)
Well...

Do you think it would help if I posted a video on youtube on how to fly a holding with the autopilot, stopwatch  and the FIX page, so the average simmer has a plan what to do when the online controller asks him to hold?
Cheers, Jan

Jan, wouldn't hurt at least...
Most of my sim flying skills i learned from your IXEG videos ;-)
Personally i am, lets say, prepared, when i fly online. But still its a tough job.
(single pilot and somewhat older Generation ;-) )

Some automation would help here

Oliver

Gesendet von meinem SM-T810 mit Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Litjan said:

7 hours ago, Litjan said:

Greetings Jan, Tom,  and IXEG Team,

I think I speak for everyone here who has purchased and loves to fly the IXEG 733 Classic.

I am aware that developers hate being asked about updates and release dates, we understand that.

However, it seems that there is maybe something to clarify for us, your paying customers.

In a recent Threshold article(https://www.thresholdx.net/news/ixegup), it is mentioned that an update is being worked on(even showed new screenshot of cabin) to "potentially be pushed" following a stable 11.30 release.

We learn that Tom has been very busy with his work at NASA, which has sidelined progress for IXEG. We know that there are priorities in life and work is work.

So to be clear and prevent any more confusion and annoying questions being asked of progress, please tell us....

Work on "11.30" update has started or no??  Should we expect some news "soon"?  Or should we be expected to wait patiently for another 6 months to a year before given the light of day?

Please just let us know.  If no update is coming in the near future at least tell us, so we can lower our expectations and leave you alone.

Respectfully,

John Gaasbeek

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The best course of action is to lower your expectations and it'll come when it comes.

Neither Jan or anyone else is going to provide estimations of anything, even if a fully dedicated team is behind it working 24/7. As developers that's not a smart course of action.

The reality is very simple (as much as customers hate to read it): when there is news it'll be posted. If there's no news posted, there's nothing we feel desirable to share at this time. Asking and hounding away on it will also not increase the chances of new information coming about, but it will certainty guarantee time away from the developer to tell you no news at this time and get into a few back and forth debates.

And so, here is where this thread ends with as much respect as I can convey. If I leave this open it'll be more back and forth that ends up nowhere. This topic is now closed for the time being so people read this post as the last information available.