Take Command! IXEG 737 Classic v1.21 Update Released!

Cameron

Lately, I have seen these extra lines on the PFD display.  It doesn't affect the flight, but I have not been able to figure out where they are coming from.  Any ideas?

This is 11.20VR3, but it is the same in 11.11.

The next flight may or may not show this.  No log.txt errors shown.

John

B733_6.jpg

B733_7.jpg

Hi John,  I'd have to see the entire route you entered, including perf data to be able to "trace" the routing in code.  What I would recommend is right after you EXEC a route, use the STEP function to step through the route and if you see these double lines, then pause the sim and save the file, IXEG_FMS_debug.txt, which will be in the IXEG folder.  This file is generatred every time you hit EXEC, so you want to duplicate it when you see the error, less you hit the EXEC button again and lose the data that generated the anomaly.  

Then you can post that file here and I can examine the data and see whats what.

Tom

Holds have not been implemented yet.  VNAV calculations can be problematic, especially when route modes are EXEC during descents, and we have resumed work on improving these calcs.  LNAV is relatively solid statistically, but there are some combinations of procedures that can rear their ugly head.  Supporting two datasets, Navigraph/Aerosoft has proven challenging due to the fact that Aerosfot uses "Runway Transition" data types and Navigraph does not...and I have found in many cases that problem routes are due to these difference.  We are looking into our algorithms to see if we can hide the difference to the end user.   It would have been immensely easier if we'd have just stuck with one dataset....oh well :)

My current focus is on improving the FMS all around.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 2

Isn’t it easier to say what doesn’t currently work? That link is extremely dated.. Holds are it I’m assuming?

That post is updated by Jan. Ignore the date of original post. Read it carefully and decide based on that. Most of the things in there are minor things. You'll mostly just be concerned about no holds and the PROG page is incomplete.

I'm pretty certain you'll be quite satisfied with your $75 spent.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tkyler said:

I'd have to see the entire route you entered

Tyler,

Of course.... now it will not reproduce - all is good.  I did use XP11.11 this time.

In case you want to play with it, the route is from KORF runway 05 - course setting 49 to KIAD runway 01C - NAV 111.30 course setting 11.  Short route which I fly often (at FL160) with a flight time of about 35 minutes.

The route is:  KORF (No SID or TRANS) LUFSY PLUMO DENBY COATT OGATE FALCO BRV BARIN LUSIE PEPRR CARRY SKINS RW01C (INTC) FDC

The arrival at KIAD uses SID - COATT4 and no trans with LUSIE and PEPRR added to provide a long glide slope.

Sorry in a way that it will not reproduce, but happy that it now seems to be working - for no explainable reason.  As I had stated - sometimes it does - sometimes it doesn't, but until today, I had not tried it with 11.20VR3.  I do not use VR by the way.

Thanks for the attention as I have always received from X-Aviation.

John

Windows 10= Latest update

Nvidia= Latest update

X-Plane 11= Latest update (no beta's)

All Plugins= Only Gizmo

IXEG= Latest update 1.21

KLGA -> KRDU= PERFECT!

Thanks IXEG team for an enjoyable, problem free flight. 

Edited by john_s
  • Upvote 1

On 17/02/2018 at 3:44 PM, tkyler said:

It would have been immensely easier if we'd have just stuck with one dataset.

I am very glad you didn't :), for the simple reason that if every developer did that, we would end up with a very bad situation for customers. My data+charts subscription to Navigraph is expensive enough already without having to fund an Aerosoft data subscription as well. I would also hate to see one of them having a monopoly as I don't think that would benefit anyone in the long run - higher prices, slower updates etc could easily be the result of not having competition in the market.

16 minutes ago, andreasxb said:

Same for me, Gizmo update didn't fix the problem.

"Same for me", exactly the same, down to exact error message and exact aircraft selections? Or just "vaguely the same, i saw some red text" ..... -_-

Every detail matters. No matter how tedious it seems to report it. Esepecially prior aircraft selection in this particular instance.

Thanks.

39 minutes ago, Ben Russell said:

"Same for me", exactly the same, down to exact error message and exact aircraft selections? Or just "vaguely the same, i saw some red text" ..... -_-

Every detail matters. No matter how tedious it seems to report it. Esepecially prior aircraft selection in this particular instance.

Thanks.

Sorry about being unclear, but yes, as I remember it was the same at least in the respect of "OnKickstart" and "GateKeeper".

I tried to reproduce it again but couldn't. The one thing I changed between then and now is that I installed current navdata (1802, before it might have been the navdata that comes with the installation), which I missed before since the FMS didn't work after all. That's all I have time for right this moment.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

Thanks.

Hello everyone.

Ben,

Just in case you still looking for additional info regarding this bug.

I am also getting the same error when starting X-Plane with Zibo737 and then changing to IXEG. Just tried to start with default Cessna. Switching from Cessna to IXEG, same crash (Loading IXEG first, works without problems):

Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 10.55.43 AM.png

I am using the latest Gizmo from your Facebook page: Gizmo64 v18.02.12.240

Edit: Reloading the Current Aircraft from X-Plane Developer menu, reloads IXEG without crash.

I am currently on my MAC laptop. Can try the same on my main windows PC if needed.

Edited by XPlanePort
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, andreasxb said:

Sorry about being unclear, but yes, as I remember it was the same at least in the respect of "OnKickstart" and "GateKeeper".

I tried to reproduce it again but couldn't. The one thing I changed between then and now is that I installed current navdata (1802, before it might have been the navdata that comes with the installation), which I missed before since the FMS didn't work after all. That's all I have time for right this moment.

Well I was wrong, navdata has nothing to do with it. I completely removed and reinstalled the XP11 IXEG install and updated Gizmo, and I found that like the others, it works if I load IXEG first but it crashes if I load any other plane first (even default X-Plane aircraft) and after a crash, the reload aircraft command from the developer menu gives a working IXEG.

B733_26.png

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

• Upvote 1

Second time this has happened when I changed from Zibo B738 while sitting at an airport. What is not visible in the pix in the top RH corner is "LUA Stopped." The Gizmo pop out no longer appears & no buttons can be moved/switched.

Last time I (and this time) I reloaded the scripts with no result. Question :- What is the the Hotfix used for & do I need an ID?  Also would the message that my software was authenticated popping up when another A/C was loaded have any bearing on the problem....just asking.

Last time it all came good after I had exited X-plane & reloaded IXEG so I am about to go through the procedure again with my fingers crossed.  Lesson learned......don't swap A/C.

B733_5.jpg

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Alphonso said:

Well, just a reload of XP seems to have done the trick. No need for me to reload the IXEG program & the pop out is there where it should be. As I mentioned before it appears a change in A/C is the trigger.

On 21/02/2018 at 3:05 AM, XPlanePort said:

Hello everyone.

Ben,

Just in case you still looking for additional info regarding this bug.

I am also getting the same error when starting X-Plane with Zibo737 and then changing to IXEG. Just tried to start with default Cessna. Switching from Cessna to IXEG, same crash (Loading IXEG first, works without problems):

I am using the latest Gizmo from your Facebook page: Gizmo64 v18.02.12.240

Edit: Reloading the Current Aircraft from X-Plane Developer menu, reloads IXEG without crash.

I am currently on my MAC laptop. Can try the same on my main windows PC if needed.

22 hours ago, andreasxb said:

Well I was wrong, navdata has nothing to do with it. I completely removed and reinstalled the XP11 IXEG install and updated Gizmo, and I found that like the others, it works if I load IXEG first but it crashes if I load any other plane first (even default X-Plane aircraft) and after a crash, the reload aircraft command from the developer menu gives a working IXEG.

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Multi quote to trigger notifications...

Please try the following plugin and post log files;