Take Command! IXEG 737 Classic v1.21 Update Released!

Cameron

4 minutes ago, hermi said:

You may please understand, if you don't get an answer and at the same time comes advertising, you are a bit frustrated.

Sorry, but that's ridiculous. You are not the whole world. We have other customers ahead of you in a line, and we're not going to jump that queue in an unfair way just to deal with you. I appreciate your excitement, but please don't be selfish.

6 minutes ago, hermi said:

I hope for a solution soon:)

We're looking into it.

50 minutes ago, staffguy1 said:

hey cameron built a brand new rig and now i cant seem to run the installer it starts but i get a blank page and nothing else happens could the fact that im missing the windows installer package 5.0 be causing it

In 10 years of business, I've never once seen this. I don't even know where to start because of that. Are you able to expand the window, or perhaps run as an administrator?

7 minutes ago, staffguy1 said:

are you able to to do remote access

Unfortunately not. I really don't want to be responsible for something that goes wrong if it does.

Do you have some kind of anti-virus that may have quarantined something from the exe file during download? Maybe disable that and then re-download + install?

10 hours ago, Alphonso said:

Well I gave the FMC a bit of a workout today between YBHM & YBBN. I deliberately left out the STAR arrival until half way to test how the frame rates would react.

With Ver 1.20 my frame rates would drop to near zero while it computed & that was with Windows Firewall turned off as previously recommended. I learned to live with it & to hit the exec button a few times until it woke up & the frame rates went back to normal.

My tests with Ver 1.21 revealed the following :-

With Firewall off & input in the FMC for Star to RWY 19....no drop in FR...smooth as silk.

With Firewall on & change to Star for RWY 01.....occasional drop in FR to 5 but momentary &  no freezing.

With Firewall off & re-enter Star to RWY19.......no drop again......cool.

Wind change meant re-enter Star to RWY 01...Firewall on.....just some minor stutters.

Very pleased with the upgrade so far. It means I don't really have to turn off the Firewall. Getting better frame rates up to between 25 & 30 even on my mediocre machine.

Just checking as I have never read the advise to turn of the firewall. Windows defender, yes - but you don't need to switch off Defender. Just create an exclusion for the X-Plane folder.

• Upvote 1

I stand corrected. Yes it should have been Defender advice & I turned it off together with the firewall while doing my tests. They went back on after. Even though I had the exclusion for the X-Plane folder I was still getting the big drop in frame rates with Ver 1.20 when inputting during the flights. Not so now with Ver 1.21...so far so good.

41 minutes ago, seric76 said:

--=={This application has crashed!}==-- The same issue.

X-Plane is very good about blaming a specific plugin if something goes wrong. Your entry from the log here has X-Plane blaming itself as crashing.

I would remove all plugins from your resources/plugins folder EXCEPT for Gizmo and then add some back in till you find the culprit that MIGHT be causing a crash.

1 hour ago, Cameron said:

X-Plane is very good about blaming a specific plugin if something goes wrong. Your entry from the log here has X-Plane blaming itself as crashing.

I would remove all plugins from your resources/plugins folder EXCEPT for Gizmo and then add some back in till you find the culprit that MIGHT be causing a crash.

Thanks I'll check, one question should fms show the fuel remaining at destination?

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_3.png

In case of it could help someone.

Since I updated to v 1.21 I had the same Gizmo console alert as Captain_Crow and some other. I removed all my plugins but nothing changed. To solve this problem the only solution I found it's to at first open XP, load the 733, quit XP and reopen it. By this way evrything work well. So it's only when I open XP with an other plane and I load the 733 that i have this alert.

Pierre

21 minutes ago, pierreo69 said:

In case of it could help someone.

Since I updated to v 1.21 I had the same Gizmo console alert as Captain_Crow and some other. I removed all my plugins but nothing changed. To solve this problem the only solution I found it's to at first open XP, load the 733, quit XP and reopen it. By this way evrything work well. So it's only when I open XP with an other plane and I load the 733 that i have this alert.

Pierre

Thanks, Pierre, others have reported this as well. We are looking into the cause, for now the solution is to not fly another plane in the same session before switching to the IXEG 737. Sorry for that inconvenience!

Jan

On 2/9/2018 at 3:44 AM, Litjan said:

Hi Steff,

we are investigating a possible problem with the code that pops up when you have a lot of plugins running. Try a reboot of X-Plane and then see if it still happens? If so, you could try (to troubleshoot) to disable some other plugins and see if that helps - as an interim solution.

I have never seen the problems mentioned, but I am running no plugins except for gizmo.

Cheers, Jan

Sounds like you need more beta testers who are more representative of the community, and run multiple plugins.  Of course there's no way to identify every conflict, but a general issue like "a lot of plugins" would be easily caught.

Tim

2 hours ago, Litjan said:

Thanks, Pierre, others have reported this as well. We are looking into the cause, for now the solution is to not fly another plane in the same session before switching to the IXEG 737. Sorry for that inconvenience!

Jan

Jan, if I update to 1.21 and follow this procedure the plane should work OK? Based on the problems some were having I've been holding the update and I'm still on 1.2.

Thanks.

New issue - no plugins except gizmo

737 only partially initializes on IRS (see attachment(

the route is good - but the top PFD stays in ATT mode

I have followed the previous advice and still on fresh load - xplane default everything no scenery or mesh, and this is still broke. 

Is there any possibilty as to having a choice to roll with 1.2 a little longer while this is fixed? that plane worked well with no issues 

This is my only purchased plane in xplane 11

ixeg737.JPG