Sharp Drop In FPS - SMP Suspected

SWM1968

Hello folks,

I am an avid fan of SkyMaxxPro since XP-10, and am currently using v 4.6 with XP-11.20vr.  I have recently noticed a drop in my FPS after about 30mins flying (35+ to <20), which makes the sim virtual unflyable.  To be honest, I have not experienced this in the past and never really had any performance issues at all.  After some investigation, I found that when I disabled SMP, the FPS immediately shoots back up again. Just looking for any suggestions on how to perhaps prevent this, or if anyone else is seeing this.

Many thanks..

Log.txt

Your setup is almost identical to mine, so it's not that your PC is underpowered for sure. But what you're describing sounds like the symptoms of a memory leak somewhere, probably specifically related to video memory. If memory consumption increases over time, eventually your FPS will tank because your computer needs to swap that memory out which takes a lot of time. When you disable SkyMaxx Pro, it frees up all the memory associated with our clouds, which is what gives you enough memory back to keep going again. But the underlying leak is probably still there, and we've taken great care to ensure SMP itself does not leak.

I see you have lots of other third-party plugins installed. Did you install something new before this started happening? If so it may be the real culprit.

You also have a lot of custom scenery installed, which is also putting pressure on your memory. Even though your video card likely has 8 GB of memory, custom scenery can chew through that pretty quickly, especially if you're running at a high resolution that ends up using a lot of that video memory for your frame buffers.

As an experiment, if you disable all other plugins and fly in a region with default scenery, I'm willing to bet you don't experience this problem even with SMP active.