Force feedback and trim position

fsedano

Hello,

The custom-made controls I use on my cockpit support a fully customizable force profile, meaning I can modify how much force you need to apply to the controls, I can change the neutral position, etc, based on any parameter.

I've seen when using IXEG, datarefs for force feedback return always 0. I've edited the aircraft to add some (random!) values on the force feedback related pages but with no success, I guess the custom programming of IXEG blocks this.

Could anybody share:

- Is it possible to have IXEG output the right information about force feedback?

- Else, can somebody share more or less how controls feel on the real aircraft? Specifically:

- Does the force neccesary vary with the speed?

- Does the 'springiness' of the control also vary?

- When trim is applied, does the physical 'neutral' position of the yoke also moves?

Thanks!

13 hours ago, fsedano said:

Could anybody share:

- Is it possible to have IXEG output the right information about force feedback?

I don´t know, Tom may be able to answer that!

- Else, can somebody share more or less how controls feel on the real aircraft? Specifically:

- Does the force neccesary vary with the speed?

The real aircraft has an elevator feel computer that takes dynamic pressure (airspeed) into account and makes the control feel "stiffer" (harder to move) the faster you go. The flightcontrols are hydraulically powered, so normally (or if the feel computer fails) you would feel the same resistance to movement at any airspeed. If the hydraulic fails (we call this manual reversion) you have to move the flightcontrols with your muscular power and that is very hard to do.

- Does the 'springiness' of the control also vary?

- When trim is applied, does the physical 'neutral' position of the yoke also moves?

No, the yoke stays neutral when the pitch trim moves. The trim moves the whole stabilizer, not only the elevator. If the yoke is relaxed (neutral), the elevator is "flush" or "streamline" with the stabilizer. This does not change as trim moves the stabilizer (and the elevator).

Don´t confuse the movement of the yoke you see when the autopilot "mistrims" the aircraft nose up just before landing on an automatic landing approach. The yoke moving is the effect of the autopilot "steering" against the mistrim.

Jan

Thanks!

Edited by Litjan