On screen menus

fsedano

Hello,

For us having a home cockpit, the on-screen menu is a pain. I personally have a 3 projector setup and no keyboard or mouse attached to the computer running x-plane. Sometimes I have to spend the flight with the menu on screen.

I use VNC to access the computer if needed, and *sometimes* I manage to close it.

Would it be possible to have a way to remove it? (via dataref, or any other means).

Thanks!

Hi,

just so I understand - how do you trigger the menu without mouse? It is not shown by default, but only shows up when bumping the mouse against the edge?

Are you talking about the IXEG menu (left edge) or Gizmo menu (right edge) or both?

If you let me know I can put this in the wish-list...it would have to be a pretty "unobvious" way to disable it (per dataref, possibly), so users can´t turn it off by accident.

Cheers, Jan

10 hours ago, Litjan said:

Hi,

just so I understand - how do you trigger the menu without mouse? It is not shown by default, but only shows up when bumping the mouse against the edge?

Are you talking about the IXEG menu (left edge) or Gizmo menu (right edge) or both?

If you let me know I can put this in the wish-list...it would have to be a pretty "unobvious" way to disable it (per dataref, possibly), so users can´t turn it off by accident.

Cheers, Jan

Hello,

The one I'm talking is the IXEG menu, not gizmo.

My setup is a 3 projector, and the main display is right one, so it might be when I move the mouse (in VNC) from the rightmost screen towards the center screen, it detects it as 'left border'? I guess for a multiple screen setup you want to display the menu when the mouse is at the left on the leftmost one, not the primary one.

Thanks for the info - I never ran X-Plane on multiple monitors, so I can´t verify or troubleshoot the problem - as far as detecting the "left border" goes I think that should be up to X-Plane to determine, our code is relatively simple, afaik. It "may" be worth sending them a bug report on this as well.

I will nevertheless file your request to "disable" any popups as a feature request, I can see the worth for "purist" fliers, as well. I had an add-on once that constantly displayed a little "cobwheel" in the corner to access the options. I needed the screen blank for some video-work, though...

Jan

12 hours ago, Litjan said:

Thanks for the info - I never ran X-Plane on multiple monitors, so I can´t verify or troubleshoot the problem - as far as detecting the "left border" goes I think that should be up to X-Plane to determine, our code is relatively simple, afaik. It "may" be worth sending them a bug report on this as well.

I will nevertheless file your request to "disable" any popups as a feature request, I can see the worth for "purist" fliers, as well. I had an add-on once that constantly displayed a little "cobwheel" in the corner to access the options. I needed the screen blank for some video-work, though...

Jan

Thanks Jan - I'll follow up with them. Do you know which API you use to show/hide the menu, so they can check if that one is behaving properly?

Appreciate the feature request. I'll take a picture from the cockpit later, I think you agree it looks silly to be in your 3 projector full size sim with a part of a popup just in the middle of the scenery.

Thanks,

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ben Russell said:

3 projectors but how many GPU's / machines?

are you using one single stretched x-plane window or three entirely seperate displays with their own angle offsets and so on.....?

Hi,

3 projectors, 1 GPU, 1 machine.

3 separate displays with their own angle, offsets, etc, using the multi screen capabilities of x-plane.

• Upvote 1