X plane pc build help !

maxflyerberlin

Hey everyone greets from Berlin Germany!

I am on my way to finally building my first computer just for xplane 11 I wanted to ask you guys if these parts that I bought will be good enough and if I will have a great experience or not with a single screen set up. Thanks in advance! Max 

Here is the list : 

•MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Armor OC 8GB GDDR5

MSI Z270 GAMING PRO CARBON Mainboard

•Corsair DIMM 16GB DDR4-3000 Kit, 

•Intel® Core™ i7-7700K, Prozessor,

•Corsair Force MP500 240 GB ssd 

Without a doubt that is a pretty nice setup and will run xplane just fine, but be advised GREAT EXPERIENCE is a very subjetive thing.

If budget is not an issue, i highly recommend you upgrade to the 1080TI version and 32GB RAM. This will make you ready for VR if you are interested, coming rapidly. Also high end sim settings to enjoy maximum textures and nice weather systems certainly kills lot of vram and 8GB may be on the limit.

Hey thanks for the fast reply ! I will for sure get the 1080 ti I really want to have a smooth experience with the weather i will be using sky max pro and my ixeg 737 Classic allot! I can’t wait as my current set up Is my iMac 27 inch 3.2 ghz and only 2 gb of graphics ... it was for making music only but now I thought it’s time after many years of being a flight sim fanatic to build my first proper set up :) 

I would also add a thing.

240GB SSD will fill up pretty fast if your planning to add photoscenery/mesh and other scenery. You will also need to have your OS and other programs you install on that disk.

So I would recommend you to buy a bigger disk or a additional disk that you can use for your X-Plane installation. I recommend SSD, but it is very expensive.