Jump to content

Recommended Posts

According to the FMS , on the take off page, the speed calculation is related to a flaps 5 setting only.

This value can not be changed as you type 10 or 15 on the first LSK.

Is it like in the real airplane ? I thought it should be possible to calculate the V speeds with flaps 10 or 15 ...

Can we expect improvements in a future update ?

 

 

Edited by Morten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No you can´t. :lol:

The 737-300 only has two certified take-off flap settings, and thats all the FMS will calculate (1 and 5).

I am sure it can take off with other flap settings, too - but it is illegal to do so, and the takeoff configuration warning horn will blare at you the whole time.

Cheers, Jan

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Litjan said:

No you can´t. :lol:

The 737-300 only has two certified take-off flap settings, and thats all the FMS will calculate (1 and 5).

I am sure it can take off with other flap settings, too - but it is illegal to do so, and the takeoff configuration warning horn will blare at you the whole time.

Cheers, Jan

 

flaps 15 for takeoff is also valid right ? 1, 5 and 15. :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tom Stian said:

flaps 15 for takeoff is also valid right ? 1, 5 and 15. :ph34r:

Yes, of course! :blink:

I have only used it like once or twice in my life, so I keep forgetting! :lol:

Thanks for that correction, Jan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...and I just doublechecked (got me worried when the OP said that he couldn´t enter 15 for takeoff flaps) and it works:

B733_2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Yes, of course! :blink:

I have only used it like once or twice in my life, so I keep forgetting! :lol:

Thanks for that correction, Jan

 

I guess that is the different between real pilots and simmers. :D

When real pilots are doing safe takeoffs from proper airports, the simmers are often testing the limits and taking off from 1100m GA airports :D So flaps 15 are needed (and working)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your reply Litjan, You answered my question.

I am also happy to see that it is possible to change the FMC values, but maybe I am doing something wrong , it is still impossible with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dreamliner63 said:

Thank you for your reply Litjan, You answered my question.

I am also happy to see that it is possible to change the FMC values, but maybe I am doing something wrong , it is still impossible with me.

 

Being on the TAKEOFF page: yes, you can type on the scratchpad 1, 5 or 15 and press LSK1 (left soft key 1) this will make your TO flap update and Vspeeds calculated accordingly.

Can you share us a video or something we can see what is going on for further help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Read this and thought WTH, I use flap 15 a lot, Jan should really start expanding your flying experience to the level of your simming customers, like flying at MTOW from Innsbruck with a tailwind or taking off from Lugano...its all legal, honest :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On Sunday evening it landed at the small Taney County airport, seven miles (11km) away from Branson, Missouri.

Passengers on board the Boeing 737-700 reported an abrupt landing as the large plane touched down on the 3,738ft (1,140m) runway.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-25717016

 

Well, they probably needed flaps 15 for takeoff - and a new pair of pants :lol:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Iain said:

Read this and thought WTH, I use flap 15 a lot, Jan should really start expanding your flying experience to the level of your simming customers, like flying at MTOW from Innsbruck with a tailwind or taking off from Lugano...its all legal, honest :ph34r:

Legal...in which country? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21.1.2018 at 3:48 PM, Litjan said:

Legal...in which country? :lol:

I think it's called Explania or something like that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×