Speed/LVL CHG Problem

Lude2Envy

I just purchased this aircraft and I've been having some issues with it regarding airspeed and the autopilot. Every time I set 290 in the airspeed window and engage level change, a few seconds later the MCP returns back to Speed mode and dials the airspeed back to 227. The red Vmo/Mmo tape keeps appearing and disappearing on the speed tape as well. I am above 10K with the aircraft in a clean configuration. I'm currently using XP 11.11. 

• Downvote 1

If you use a joystick axis or external hardware for flaps lever control rather than a key / joystick switch to control flaps then even though you set flaps up they may not in fact be up fully. With flaps still deployed the airspeed will be restricted by the autopilot.

Not speaking from first hand experience but I have seen other posts in the forum where users have reported the same issue.

5 minutes ago, mcog25 said:

If you use a joystick axis or external hardware for flaps lever control rather than a key / joystick switch to control flaps then even though you set flaps up they may not in fact be up fully. With flaps still deployed the airspeed will be restricted by the autopilot.

Not speaking from first hand experience but I have seen other posts in the forum where users have reported the same issue.

I do use a joystick axis for flaps, but I verified that both the lever was set at zero in the VC and that zero was indicated on the flap position gauge. 

16 minutes ago, Lude2Envy said:

I do use a joystick axis for flaps, but I verified that both the lever was set at zero in the VC and that zero was indicated on the flap position gauge. 

That is not enough, with a flap axis, your flap position could be 0,0000000001 (not zero) and everything still appear ok.  But technically your flap is still extended.

8 minutes ago, Morten said:

That is not enough, with a flap axis, your flap position could be 0,0000000001 (not zero) and everything still appear ok.  But technically your flap is still extended.

Then your aircraft is the first I've seen to have this problem out of every PMDG, FSLabs, Majestic, A2A, Rotate Sim, etc..... 

Maybe, we would have to ask the coders what is possible.  One thing we do not want is for it to affect the flight model in any way... One thing to remember is that the real flap lever is not an "axis".. even if it maybe *looks* that way... would be very dangerous.... .  :ph34r:

On 1/9/2018 at 9:30 AM, Morten said:

Maybe, we would have to ask the coders what is possible.  One thing we do not want is for it to affect the flight model in any way... One thing to remember is that the real flap lever is not an "axis".. even if it maybe *looks* that way... would be very dangerous.... .  :ph34r:

You're correct, it's not an axis. It's a detent. But.....if the axis on my throttle quadrant put's the lever in the correct detent in the virtual cockpit, that should be the trigger to move the flaps into that position. That's how it works on every other aircraft I've seen both in FSX/P3D and X-Plane. If the calibration in my throttle axis that's assigned to my flaps was ever off, the flap lever in the virtual cockpit wouldn't move appropriately. Since it does move correctly with the 737, the problem must be with the aircraft and not with my throttle. 

On a side note, is there any chance you guys could incorporate an option to use the scroll wheel on the mouse to turn dials in the cockpit instead of the click and drag? Rotate Sim did it with their MD-80 and it's a lot better. Thanks. 

5 hours ago, Lude2Envy said:

On a side note, is there any chance you guys could incorporate an option to use the scroll wheel on the mouse to turn dials in the cockpit instead of the click and drag? Rotate Sim did it with their MD-80 and it's a lot better. Thanks. 

That has been discussed many times, and the what is "better" depends on who you ask.  There are pros and cons for both, and you obviously are coming from FSX so you are used to scroll.  We hope to one day maybe have both options.

I just sent you guys a message through your website. If you can give me an email address I can send you a video of what this plane is doing. Something is definitely wrong with it. 

You can post your video here, just attach it to your post

36 minutes ago, Lude2Envy said:

It exceeds the 300MB limit - even zipped. 

uploading it to youtube then sharing the link here is what most people does on the forums.

i presume you may not attach it to an email either due to size limit enforcements most email servers have in place.

Edited by mmerelles
misspelling

On 1/8/2018 at 7:01 PM, Lude2Envy said:

Then your aircraft is the first I've seen to have this problem out of every PMDG, FSLabs, Majestic, A2A, Rotate Sim, etc..... 

Have you tried disabling the axis and using key binds instead? That would at least confirm that it is a problem with the axis jittering above 0.

My guess is that the other planes use different way of handling the axis, e.g. only consider the flaps set if the axis values is greater than say 5% of its value, while IXEG might be using >0. That's just a wild guess though, since I don't know how either product handles this.

If that is indeed the problem then maybe you can cheat a bit when calibrating that axis, so that 0 is not fully pulled up - or try one of the tools mentioned in this thread