Most realistic, 11.05 or 11.1

N313GM

Thanks, Jan

I have no plugin's. I'm not an eye-candy kind of guy. Totally pilot. Lol, infact I couldn't care about cabins, ground services, replay not showing all controls or geography. Default land is good enough for me. Actually the IXEG gave me my first plug-in of Gizmo64. I flew the same flight (ABQ - DAL) in 11.05 today with no crashes where 11.1 did crash. Not harping, just saying : ) I've been flight simming since 1990. I've been with XP since 9. This bird is by far the best. I've got my eye on the upcoming FF A320 but I'm afraid it's going to be too automated. I'm 55 years old and appreciate the classics. I have 70 RW hours in a C-172 (doesn't mean squat compared to 737's, just thought I'd throw it in, lol). I emphatically thank you and your team for this bird. The fact that you are on this forum helping us as much as you are is EXTREMELY impressive to me.

When I started flying on VATSIM, we were using STARS that were VOR to VOR. You couldn't get out of your seat once you started your descent. Today you can dang near take a shower. - John

Edited by john_s

Hi John,

thanks for your kind words and your post made me chuckle more than once - 47 years here and sharing your sentiments about automated flight ;-). 70h Cessna 172 IS relevant in my book, the underlying principles and problems in getting from A to B safely are pretty much the same!

I am not saying that there is no possible code-change between 11.05 and 11.10 that could trigger a crash - possibly something as simple as a newly added airport going over the RAM limit... especially if the crash is repeatable.

Could you possibly post your log.txt file here (just attach it) - it is found after the crash in your X-Plane 11 main folder. It MAY give us a clue as to what happened.

We certainly have our share of problems with the gizmo-plugin throwing an error message (usually FMS-related), but hard crashes are rarely caused by our bird, with the exception of some plugin incompatibilities that are slow to resolve between us and the other parties.

Cheers, and thanks for the feedback, Jan

Thanks for the log. As far as I can see there is really nothing to see :mellow:. Bam, crash out of the blue.

Did it just dump you to the desktop or is was there a window that told you that X-Plane crashed and asked if you wanted to report it to Laminar?

To tell you the truth, there is really nothing we can do about a crash like this - there is nothing to go by for us if X-Plane crashes to desktop, it could be anything :-(

Sorry - maybe upgrading to 11.20 later on could cure this...

Cheers, Jan