Float ARRAY custom dataref in PlaneMaker

SchneiH2

Hi

Just to be sure - I have created in my plugin for the a/c a float array custom dataref (fuel consumption per engine). Everything with the code works well. However, I have noted that when using a CUSTOM array dataref in PlaneMaker the corresponding index field is inactive (please refer to attached pic). Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for possible help and best regards

SHJ

2018-01-01_150649.png

Plane Maker looks at the Datarefs.txt file for it's info regarding arrays.  If you (temporarily) add your custom dataref to the Datarefs.txt file, Plane Maker will be happy.  Keep in mind that the next time you update X-Plane the Datarefs.txt file will be overwritten and your changes will be gone, but as long as you DON'T make changes in PM to that instrument after that it won't matter.  If you do need to change that particular instrument you will need to update the Datarefs.txt file again.  

There is an outstanding bug filed with Laminar to (hopefully) address this.

Hi Jim

First of all my best wishes to you for 2018. Thank you for your response. The described approach works fine for the part of PM, i.e. when adding the dataref (SSJ100/SD_FUEL/fuel_used    float[2]    y    kgs        custom dataref) to the DataRefs.txt the Index-field gets active and can be edited. However, it creates problems with XP11 itself, i.e. leads to a crash when loading any a/c. To avoid any file formating issues I have amended the DataRefs.txt with the normal Windows text editor.

Perhaps you have an idea what might be wrong.

Thank you and best regards

SHJ

Hi Jim

Thank you very much for your reply + amended file. Now it works. Was indeed a formatting problem. However, I am still struggeling with this issue. Although, I have set the index for the engines correctly (i.e. 0, 1) and saved the file the second engine shows the value of the first one. This despite the fact that the plugin seems to work correctly, i.e. when checking the dataref values with the DRE everythng is correct. For illustration some pics are attached.

I am continuing to check this issues, however, perhaps you have an idea what might be the reason.

Thanks and regards

SHJ

2018-01-04_100546.png

2018-01-04_100608.png

2018-01-04_102511.png

2018-01-04_102632.png