Thinking of buying...

sidfadc

By far the best 737 available for x plane when it comes to engine and flight model realism and many other important things. Vnav on climb works extremely well. On descent not quite yet, but once you learn how to calculate your own descents with a simple formula you wont need a vnav for descending till it's improved by the ixeg team. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sidfadc said:

Wait...VNAV on descent doesn’t work?

I have alot of aircrafts in my X-Plane hangar.

But the IXEG 737-300 is always the aircraft I return to. "Bobby" is a joy to fly even with some VNAV limitation on complex arrivals as Litjan as mentioning. But you can solve that with using LVL CHG or V/S.

<3

AdugWAh.png

Hardly any problems here with Vnav and restrictions. Only problems I have is when modifying the route while flying, so I either avoid doing so or switch to another mode, no big deal, it helps you learn the systems!

Edited by Iain

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

Only for very simple descents - if using VNAV on more complex arrivals (with restrictions) is important to you, I advise to hold off on purchasing this aircraft.

Cheers, Jan

Yea I fly a lot on Pilotedge so flying complex arrivals with restrictions is important. Hmmmm....

1 hour ago, sidfadc said:

Yea I fly a lot on Pilotedge so flying complex arrivals with restrictions is important. Hmmmm....

Use your brain and calculate, much more fun and rewarding to fly on PE in /A  mode.  :)    Thats why I like the 733, modern engines with old school instrument flying.

FYI the simple formula used by most will get you at all the restrictions.  Even my young kids can do it.

Rob

Most flights with an airliner in controlled airspace in the real world are not going to use VNAV for descent. The controllers will typically tell you to do things rather than the computer automatically follow.

Jan will even tell you as a real world captain that VNAV in his flights isn't something they typically do. More like black magic than a for certain button.

You're really missing out on something special if you decide not to purchase, but everyone has their "needs". I think the responses in this topic alone show you how much people love it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The last few replies guys come across a little condescending whether you realise it or not.  I can manage perfectly well without vnav, yes I already know how to calculate a descent based on ground speed target altitude etc.  My point is I'm surprised the so called best plane in xplane doesn’t have a proper vnav.  I’m a little sick of paying for 60 dollar plus aircraft which are incomplete.  I shouldn’t be forced into using lvl change or vs, I should be able to use vnav on descent if I choose to do so because that’s what the plane is designed to do in the first place.

Is this something that is going to be addressed in the next update?

Thanks

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Is this something that is going to be addressed in the next update?

Honestly - no.

We are a bunch of devs that do this in our free time besides our "real" jobs - the VNAV turned out to be way more complex than expected, and we needed to finally get the plane on sale when we did.

The one person in our team that can finish the VNAV (we probably need to rewrite a good chunk of it) is sidetracked by his real business and does not have time to tackle VNAV right now. We ARE planning to finish this, but unfortunately I can not even give you a timeframe.

The plane is 75$ and it is incomplete at this point, no doubt about it. Is it already a lot of fun and worth 75$? I personally think so. But if you expect "completeness", don´t buy it (yet).

I am part of the IXEG team and love to make a sale, but I won´t lie to you or try to convince you to so something that you will later regret. Thats why we also highlight the shortcomings of our aircraft in this thread, for everyone to see:

The list should be up-to-date (will go over it really quick).

I am sure the other users did not mean to be condescending - but we have a LOT of people that couldn´t fly their way out of a whorehouse (is this the correct figure of speech? ;)) without LNAV and VNAV and when people start complaining about lack of fully automated flight the suspicion lies close that these features are sought after for lack of ability to cope with selected modes (or even - gasp - manual flight).

Cheers, and all the best, Jan

• Upvote 3

I agree 100% sidfadc. I’m in the process of switching from P3D to XP. People say this aircraft is the best for XP and that sounds great. I have no problem shelling out some cash for a complete addon. I’ve been following this forum for a while now and it seems updates take quite a while which I’m not a fan of. 

I’m a real world pilot myself and yes it’s true that in the real world of flying VNAV is hardly used into larger airports while talking to ATC. However, $75 is a bit steep for a unfinished aircraft. It also sounds like they are in no hurry to finish it either. PMDG had issues with their NGX for a while but updates came rather quickly as soon as they could replicate the same problems the customers were having. 

This sounds a bit different I’m afraid. I do appreciate Jan’s honestly about the situation but I’m gonna hold off for now. They may want to revisit the price until more progress is made.

kind regards 

• Upvote 1

Unlike P3D/FSX, In XP, no aircraft is ever "finished".  With XP's constant updates the developers need to also update all the time.

Although our VNAV probably isn't the best atm, our aircraft outperforms "VNAV finished" aircraft in other areas... where we would call them "unfinished". But it all boils down to what is more import to each user.

M

3 hours ago, Flying12 said:

I agree 100% sidfadc. I’m in the process of switching from P3D to XP. People say this aircraft is the best for XP and that sounds great. I have no problem shelling out some cash for a complete addon. I’ve been following this forum for a while now and it seems updates take quite a while which I’m not a fan of. 

I’m a real world pilot myself and yes it’s true that in the real world of flying VNAV is hardly used into larger airports while talking to ATC. However, $75 is a bit steep for a unfinished aircraft. It also sounds like they are in no hurry to finish it either. PMDG had issues with their NGX for a while but updates came rather quickly as soon as they could replicate the same problems the customers were having. 

This sounds a bit different I’m afraid. I do appreciate Jan’s honestly about the situation but I’m gonna hold off for now. They may want to revisit the price until more progress is made.

kind regards 

The saddest part about a comment like this is that it's shortsighted in the overall picture. I'm personally confident you would find this particular portion negligible to your whole experience on the aircraft, and once loaded up and flying, after seeing and feeling the immersion you get, this hesitation would be quickly realized it was all for not.

There's a reason people are saying it's the best.

Of course, if you want to neglect why people say that even still, then I have to respectfully accept your position. I just know you're missing out on an awesome experience as a whole, and for that, I'm sad you're letting it get in the way of some amazing enjoyment!

All the Best!

• Upvote 2

On 01/01/2018 at 8:19 AM, Litjan said:

The one person in our team that can finish the VNAV (we probably need to rewrite a good chunk of it) is sidetracked by his real business and does not have time to tackle VNAV right now. We ARE planning to finish this, but unfortunately I can not even give you a timeframe.

That's very disappointing to hear. To see the project in limbo with no light at the end of the tunnel I think dispirits many current and potential customers.

Unlike P3D/FSX, In XP, no aircraft is ever "finished".  With XP's constant updates the developers need to also update all the time

You're correct, but some addons feel more finished than others. the PMDG DC-6 is one addon that feels totally complete right out of the box, without the need for any patches. Sure it's not XP11 compatible but IIRC the IXEG 737 wasn't supposed to be XP11 compatible either, and yet here we are with an unfinished, but XP11 compatible 737. I know the IXEG is much more complex and I appreciate the hard work of the team, but customers want finished products even if it costs more. I'll happily pay up to $150 for the IXEG (I already paid $140 for the FSLabs A320) if I can get a fully functioning 737 Classic, because I always liked the real airplane.

Now can we please get an update on the XP11.10 compatibility patch? I'm having problems flaring the aircraft without the ground effect fixes in the XP11.10 planemaker. I needed so much force to flare that my yoke is sliding off the desk.

Edited by avantime

29 minutes ago, avantime said:

To see the project in limbo

Uh, this project is not in limbo. It is neither forgotten, nor ignored. I'm not even sure how you surmised that out of Jan's response. He literally emphasized the words "are planning", and only said that right now someone important is sidetracked temporarily. We're not talking years here.

This whole unfinished product thing is really starting to get blown out of proportion. We're being real with you guys, so be real in your assessments and not cause unnecessary drama out of it, please.

• Upvote 1