Unable to login to the X-Aviation Licensing window

korkiley

When I start the Avanti I get a login window for X-Aviation Licensing. When I enter my Customer E-mail and password for X-Aviation the login fails. The simulation still seems to work though. Since this is freeware I was surprised to get this license window. Is there some other place I need to register with an actual X-Aviation Licensing email and password?

I just discovered the Avanti on Susi Air Virtual and finally found this developer's rendition. I can't believe it is freeware. Both the aircraft and simulation are amazing. Great job and I'm looking forward to future upgrades that promise to make it even better!

18 minutes ago, korkiley said:

When I start the Avanti I get a login window for X-Aviation Licensing. When I enter my Customer E-mail and password for X-Aviation the login fails. The simulation still seems to work though. Since this is freeware I was surprised to get this license window. Is there some other place I need to register with an actual X-Aviation Licensing email and password?

I just discovered the Avanti on Susi Air Virtual and finally found this developer's rendition. I can't believe it is freeware. Both the aircraft and simulation are amazing. Great job and I'm looking forward to future upgrades that promise to make it even better!

We came to an agreement to allow free use of the Gizmo scripting engine in exchange for a some exposure to the rest of the X-Aviation catalouge. :)

As for the error, despite a code review and cleanup, there still seem to be some complex passwords that will trip it up.

Please try changing your password via the X-A site and see if the new version works.

This annoys me greatly but I can't exactly go around asking people what their password is to discover the common fault that trips it.

Edited by Ben Russell

1 hour ago, korkiley said:

Just close the window and everything will work fine. Maybe it is a small annoyance, but I hope that the aircraft redeems that! And this is only the "initial" Gizmo-ed version. This version was just to wrap up to make the plane work, rather a complete one. A newer version is ready to be released in the next days, with many improvements. 

If you have any more question, feel free to use the dedicated support forum, here (check the upcoming updates too!):

3 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

We came to an agreement to allow free use of the Gizmo scripting engine in exchange for a some exposure to the rest of the X-Aviation catalouge. :)

As for the error, despite a code review and cleanup, there still seem to be some complex passwords that will trip it up.

Please try changing your password via the X-A site and see if the new version works.

This annoys me greatly but I can't exactly go around asking people what their password is to discover the common fault that trips it.

Thank you Ben. I do tend to have long complex passwords including special symbols! I will try dumbing it down and see if that works.

2 hours ago, airfighter said:

Just close the window and everything will work fine. Maybe it is a small annoyance, but I hope that the aircraft redeems that! And this is only the "initial" Gizmo-ed version. This version was just to wrap up to make the plane work, rather a complete one. A newer version is ready to be released in the next days, with many improvements. 

If you have any more question, feel free to use the dedicated support forum, here (check the upcoming updates too!):

Thank you Ilias! If you are only getting started with this product I am really, really looking forward to the update(s)! I'm making my first flight right now. Your introductory video was a great help. I manged to enter a flight plan in the FMS but failed to follow it and was unable to change my next waypoint so it keeps showing my last way point and the distance from same : ) If, sometime in the future you could do a video with more detail about the FMS, that would be wonderful.

Kor

Thank you Ilias! If you are only getting started with this product I am really, really looking forward to the update(s)! I'm making my first flight right now. Your introductory video was a great help. I manged to enter a flight plan in the FMS but failed to follow it and was unable to change my next waypoint so it keeps showing my last way point and the distance from same : ) If, sometime in the future you could do a video with more detail about the FMS, that would be wonderful.

Kor

Thanks a lot for your kind words! Avanti is a child of love, that I enjoy to work with. But also serves a purpose too. Helps me to test things in an operational aircraft that I have full access, things that will be transfered to my payware projects, like the DC9.

Make sure that you have pressed the NAV REF button, until FMS appears in the displays. That makes FMS the active nav source, and the plane should follow the flight plan.

• 4 months later...

I updated to Windows 10 1803 this morning and when I next opened X-Plane, the X-Aviation update licence window opened asking for my email address and password but would not allow any input.  When I opened the Gizmo plugin and attempted to change my preferences - same sort of thing - the preferences were all listed but there was no tick box and clicking on anything did nothing.  

What have I done to break this?

3 minutes ago, MikeyT said:

I updated to Windows 10 1803 this morning and when I next opened X-Plane, the X-Aviation update licence window opened asking for my email address and password but would not allow any input.  When I opened the Gizmo plugin and attempted to change my preferences - same sort of thing - the preferences were all listed but there was no tick box and clicking on anything did nothing.  

What have I done to break this?

You're using an X-Plane beta. Laminar broke it. Only Laminar can fix it. They've been notified.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, captainss said:

It worked, thank you, but everytime Xplane loads I get a pop stating that my product was successfully activated. How can I get rid of the pop-up? 

Kind regards,

Shelman 

There is an option for that in the Gizmo preferences.