Conflict between DC-3/Gizmo plugin and PMDG DC-6 Plugin

JPS

Yes, I know both planes are not officially supported in XP11. I just thought I should report it, so perhaps it can be avoided that this conflict persists in V2.0.

So, I had not flown my PMDG DC-6 in a while. XP11.10 was released, I wanted to fly, yadda yadda..... After extensive analysis, including a complete re-install of my entire system and running only a fresh windows and XP11 install with the planes, I can conclude that there is a conflict between the Gizmo Plugin used for the DC-3 and the plugin that PMDG uses for the DC-6.

If I fire up the DC-6 the plugin will be disabled. If I enable it in the plugin admin I have to reload the aircraft or I will be missing some sounds (the AFE namely). So then I reload the aircraft, and the plugin will be disabled again. Rinse and repeat....

I can avoid this merry-go-round by disabling the Gizmo plugin. So, there you go. I don't know if it's specific to either Gizmo or the combo with the DC-3 but like I said, I just thought I should mention it in case someone wants to look into it.

That's definitely not something we can easily look in to.  The DC-6 was never intended to work in XP11, so for us to work around THAT, is perhaps asking a bit too much.  I'm sure Ben and Jim might attempt something, but to be honest, I wouldn't hold my breath for this one.

42 minutes ago, JPS said:

Yes, I know both planes are not officially supported in XP11. I just thought I should report it, so perhaps it can be avoided that this conflict persists in V2.0.

So, I had not flown my PMDG DC-6 in a while. XP11.10 was released, I wanted to fly, yadda yadda..... After extensive analysis, including a complete re-install of my entire system and running only a fresh windows and XP11 install with the planes, I can conclude that there is a conflict between the Gizmo Plugin used for the DC-3 and the plugin that PMDG uses for the DC-6.

If I fire up the DC-6 the plugin will be disabled. If I enable it in the plugin admin I have to reload the aircraft or I will be missing some sounds (the AFE namely). So then I reload the aircraft, and the plugin will be disabled again. Rinse and repeat....

I can avoid this merry-go-round by disabling the Gizmo plugin. So, there you go. I don't know if it's specific to either Gizmo or the combo with the DC-3 but like I said, I just thought I should mention it in case someone wants to look into it.

Very odd..... Thanks for the report. Bug noted.

If you can find anyone else with this issue and link it here it will help escalate the priority. I haven't heard of it before...