IXEG 733 Resetting

nialloc

Hi

Every since I have upgraded to XP11 and installed the latest version of IXEG 733 I cannot complete a flight.  When I begin from cold and dark and follow the normal procedures the aircraft will reset itself back to cold and dark at a random interval.  It could happen while programming the FMC, and last night it occurred when I was just beginning the approach.  It is totally random and there is no error message or anything, the aircraft just resets itself back to a cold and dark state.

It happens on every flight, and I have tried downloading the latest version and reinstalling, but no joy.  Very frustrating as it is impossible to complete a full flight.

Is there a log file I can send in that may help pinpoint the issue?

Thanks

Niall

2 hours ago, nialloc said:

Hi

Every since I have upgraded to XP11 and installed the latest version of IXEG 733 I cannot complete a flight.  When I begin from cold and dark and follow the normal procedures the aircraft will reset itself back to cold and dark at a random interval.  It could happen while programming the FMC, and last night it occurred when I was just beginning the approach.  It is totally random and there is no error message or anything, the aircraft just resets itself back to a cold and dark state.

It happens on every flight, and I have tried downloading the latest version and reinstalling, but no joy.  Very frustrating as it is impossible to complete a full flight.

Is there a log file I can send in that may help pinpoint the issue?

Thanks

Niall

Please install a demo copy of X-Plane and test the product inside that with no extras.

You are the only user reporting this, the problem is very likely your own sim config.

Thanks.

Hi Niall,

there are several possible reasons for this. You can attach your log.txt (you will find it after the incident in the main X-Plane folder) and attach it here, so we can take a look at that.

There is the possibility that a plugin you are using is causing this, that is why Ben asked you to try on a clean (or the demo) copy of X-Plane, you can also remove your plugins (just disabling them when in the game is not enough) by temporarily moving them into an extra folder to possibly isolate the problem.

Another possibility is that your preferences accidentially set a button or key to "reset aircraft" function - you could check if that happened (scan your key and joystick bindings with the search for "reset").

Cheers, Jan

Same thing happened to me a couple of days ago on an approach. The aircraft suddenly went to cold & dark with the gear down. I am not going to worry about it unless it happens again & then will look at your recommendations. I am hoping it was just a one off hiccup & didn't bother to log it.

Today I also noticed that the FMSs & PFDs went "dim" for a few moments & then reset themselves. Very odd.

Another question:- I noticed that if I am approaching an airport and enter the Star, the frame rates drop to next to nothing & the sim freezes while the FMS is busy "calculating". After I hit the exec button a few times it carries on :). I now try to enter all the SIDS & STARS before take off & take a chance the approach won't be changed.

Would extra memory from 8G to 16G help the frame rate from dropping?

Great A/C & I am still learning how to handle it.

2 hours ago, Alphonso said:

Same thing happened to me a couple of days ago on an approach. The aircraft suddenly went to cold & dark with the gear down. I am not going to worry about it unless it happens again & then will look at your recommendations. I am hoping it was just a one off hiccup & didn't bother to log it.

Today I also noticed that the FMSs & PFDs went "dim" for a few moments & then reset themselves. Very odd.

Another question:- I noticed that if I am approaching an airport and enter the Star, the frame rates drop to next to nothing & the sim freezes while the FMS is busy "calculating". After I hit the exec button a few times it carries on :). I now try to enter all the SIDS & STARS before take off & take a chance the approach won't be changed.

Would extra memory from 8G to 16G help the frame rate from dropping?

Great A/C & I am still learning how to handle it.

This is a known problem, please add your XP11 folder to the list of exclusions in windows security suite. It takes 1 min to do, check you tube for a guide.

• Upvote 2