Saab V1.5 Status

Goran_M

been reading throught this but still confused, not flown this since xp10 swop over to xp11, is 1.5 what will make it xp11 compatible? sorry been away for a while on some other projects over on the darkside of flightsim.....(p3d).......

I haven't flown the SAAB for a long time ( I really need a new computer with a much better graphics card) Just tried ver. 1.5 with XP11 and could not get the nose wheel to work. Rudder works okay. I looked through the manuals and updates but could not find any reference for it. Is this a problem or is there a way to get it to work that I am not aware of?

27 minutes ago, chaps said:

Thanks

tried that but did not change anything. The nose wheel still does not steer. picture attached of it in the 'up' position. Is there something else that needs to be done? I'm on a Mac.

There is a 'hand' that pulls it up/down and two arrows but the arrows do nothing. are they supposed to?

nosewheel.jpeg

I haven't flown the SAAB for a long time ( I really need a new computer with a much better graphics card) Just tried ver. 1.5 with XP11 and could not get the nose wheel to work. Rudder works okay. I looked through the manuals and updates but could not find any reference for it. Is this a problem or is there a way to get it to work that I am not aware of?

Activate the tiller. Left lower side of panel.

3 hours ago, Goran_M said:

Pull the steering tiller up (left side panel, just forward of the circuit breakers).  That unlocks the nose steering.

Actually the tiller should be pushed "in" to activate steering.  However, I think we have discovered a bug in the manipulator... stay tuned.

Hi,

just installed v1.5 and, by accident, saw that the GizmoLog.txt (and the Gizmo Console) was littered with erros like this:

warng: 1288.371: sound.loadEx(): Error: File not found:(D:/X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/Saab 340A/Passenger Variant/sounds/toggle.wav)
warng: 1288.374: sound.loadEx(): Error: File not found:(D:/X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/Saab 340A/Passenger Variant/sounds/toggle.wav)
warng: 1288.378: sound.loadEx(): Error: File not found:(D:/X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/Saab 340A/Passenger Variant/sounds/detent.wav)
warng: 1288.381: sound.loadEx(): Error: File not found:(D:/X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/Saab 340A/Passenger Variant/sounds/button_push.wav)
warng: 1288.383: sound.loadEx(): Error: File not found:(D:/X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/Saab 340A/Passenger Variant/sounds/button_rel.wav)

The sounds/ directory does not contain any WAV files in the latest distribution, but a group of sub directories containing the WAV files... So, I found e.g. the toggle.wav in sounds/system/toggle.wav, not in sounds/toggle.wav...

I have added a support ticket on the issue, just thought I would mention it here too... I have attached my GizmoLog.txt file

GizmoLog.txt

18 minutes ago, JAdata said:

Hi,

just installed v1.5 and, by accident, saw that the GizmoLog.txt (and the Gizmo Console) was littered with erros like this:

warng: 1288.371: sound.loadEx(): Error: File not found:(D:/X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/Saab 340A/Passenger Variant/sounds/toggle.wav)
warng: 1288.374: sound.loadEx(): Error: File not found:(D:/X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/Saab 340A/Passenger Variant/sounds/toggle.wav)
warng: 1288.378: sound.loadEx(): Error: File not found:(D:/X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/Saab 340A/Passenger Variant/sounds/detent.wav)
warng: 1288.381: sound.loadEx(): Error: File not found:(D:/X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/Saab 340A/Passenger Variant/sounds/button_push.wav)
warng: 1288.383: sound.loadEx(): Error: File not found:(D:/X-Plane 11/Aircraft/X-Aviation/Saab 340A/Passenger Variant/sounds/button_rel.wav)

The sounds/ directory does not contain any WAV files in the latest distribution, but a group of sub directories containing the WAV files... So, I found e.g. the toggle.wav in sounds/system/toggle.wav, not in sounds/toggle.wav...

I have added a support ticket on the issue, just thought I would mention it here too... I have attached my GizmoLog.txt file

GizmoLog.txt

Pretty sure this is an ancient bug that only affects the log file messages. 

Of course, if they for compatability first checks if the file is in sounds/, report it missing and then find it in sound/system/ I would suppose it would look like this... Haven't really experienced missing sounds, but haven't really listened for them either... :-) Well,, trying to keep the logfile clean is also a virtue, so I still think it should be fixed :-)) This is maybe not the place to "request" that, but some developer might be following these threads...

Back to flying :-))

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JAdata said:

Of course, if they for compatability first checks if the file is in sounds/, report it missing and then find it in sound/system/ I would suppose it would look like this... Haven't really experienced missing sounds, but haven't really listened for them either... :-) Well,, trying to keep the logfile clean is also a virtue, so I still think it should be fixed :-)) This is maybe not the place to "request" that, but some developer might be following these threads...

Back to flying :-))

I told Tom the same thing. He wrote the sound code.. 

This (sound) bug was fixed in v1.4.1.  Please make sure you have the correct version installed.  The GizmoLog.txt file should be showing this....

LES: Load Saab 340A Scripts - v1.5
LES: Load Saab 340A Hot Fix - (None)

Your log file does NOT show that.

Edited by JGregory