Saab V1.5 Status

Goran_M

2 hours ago, Goran_M said:

That's completely out of line and totally uncalled for.  As Cameron already mentioned, we made this update for free.  No strings attached.  You bought a fully functioning product, that works in X-Plane 10.  And, we believe, you got excellent value for money.  This update took us a few months to finish.  And it had many stressful moments.  Please, let go of this sense of entitlement, and just exercise a little bit of patience.

Hi, it is not "out of line and sense of entitlement", its called customer observation/opinion and customer is always right. Also no one told you to give the update for free. You want money for hard work no problem you want to give it for free thank you.

So next time don't announce an update until Cameron says the package is about ready to head out as he has limited resources, it will look better on you guys IMO.

Talking about stressful moments, in my line of work i have them about every day NOC engineer. :lol:

• Downvote 2

Customer is not always right. Such statement has some different meaning.

Goran communicates with our community in fantastic way. It's pretty rare situation when we can have such a great contact with addon developer. He stated that his work on Saab 1.5 update is over, but it's been explained a few times already that it didn't mean that it's ready for download. It's also been explained why. All misunderstandings were clarified. If you don't want that status information, then don't follow fb and forums, and just wait for e-mail with official update announcement. Besides, Saab is flyable in present version of XP11.

And finally, from my perspective... I've got two aircraft form XA - MU-2 and Saab. Both are supported for free for long time, both are good quality. Updates for both of them are well tested and usually with very few bugs. So XA has my respect and I believe they know what they are doing...

Pawel

Hi, it is not "out of line and sense of entitlement", its called customer observation/opinion and customer is always right. Also no one told you to give the update for free. You want money for hard work no problem you want to give it for free thank you.

So next time don't announce an update until Cameron says the package is about ready to head out as he has limited resources, it will look better on you guys IMO.

Talking about stressful moments, in my line of work i have them about every day NOC engineer. [emoji38]

Customer is always right? Surely you are not serious.

Reading the thread above it appears the customers are all below adulthood and ready to hold their breath and throw a tantrum if a big bad man in the shop doesnt give them their toy right now.

A free update is ready, get sime maturity and enjoy life until it is packaged and released. Go outside, enjoy your family, get a life.....lile the rest of us.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Pesti_PT said:

Talking about stressful moments, in my line of work i have them about every day NOC engineer. :lol:

" Its like "already got there money now they can wait" Sorry but you just lost me as customer. "

You said that, right?  That was directly copied and pasted.  Why would you even remotely THINK we would operate like this??  If we wanted money, we would charge people for ALL updates.  

(I like the smiley face emoji, btw.  Nice touch in a topic I find far from funny.)

• Upvote 1

Ah, let's ignore him & not have people like him spoil the party :rolleyes:. Goran, you & the LES team are doing a fantastic job, and not just on the Saab. Just to extend that a bit, Cameron I highly appreciate how XA is handling update policies. All products I ever bought here have been supported and updated for free for much longer than I experienced with most other XP developers. Big thanks for this, you're really creating value here.

• Upvote 1

Thank you, gentlemen.  The patience is definitely appreciated.  I will, however, change the policy we have on announcements.  We'll keep everyone informed on projects that are in the works (for the most part), but if an update is ready, I will only let people know about it when it is, literally, 24-48 hours away from going into the store.

This is not a decision based on what has happened here.  It's just in general, and probably best for everyone involved.

• Upvote 6

On 26/01/2018 at 5:46 AM, Goran_M said:

Thank you, gentlemen.  The patience is definitely appreciated.  I will, however, change the policy we have on announcements.  We'll keep everyone informed on projects that are in the works (for the most part), but if an update is ready, I will only let people know about it when it is, literally, 24-48 hours away from going into the store.

This is not a decision based on what has happened here.  It's just in general, and probably best for everyone involved.

That's fair comment and there have been a fair few wrong expectations set by people not understanding that when you do a release there is a whole load of work in the pipeling to get it to the end customer.

Thanks for your work guys.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, marpilot said:

Hi,

reading about problems with Gizmo here and at IXEG do you consider releasing it with older   Gizmo64 v18.02.27.0200 ?

18.02.27.0200 is the most recent version and should be suitable for release with a Saab update.

gizmo is the center piece of multiple aircraft and our drm/activation system. it runs global for good reason despite what various haters on another forum will try and tell you. (those that can, do. those that can’t bitch on the internet instead of putting in the hours to change reality *coughkerbaughcough*)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I did get your message, but I've been quite busy, which is why I couldn't reply.  I can fix the controls, but I want to make sure the angle is correct.  I'll have to check the window to make sure what you're showing does need to be fixed.  If so, it'll be for V2.

• Upvote 1

The Yoke movement is 85° Degrees ;)  look @ Saab 2000   (your Inputs... flight model are correct) only the visual in the VC .. 

The windschield Frame is correct but the window have not the same curvature .

This Little Plastik cover is to big. 

Thank you

Edited by Chris737

2 hours ago, Chris737 said:

The Yoke movement is 85° Degrees ;)  look @ Saab 2000   (your Inputs... flight model are correct) only the visual in the VC .. 

We will not be referencing a much new Saab 2000 model for looking to model something in a much older Saab 340A.

2 hours ago, Chris737 said:

The windschield Frame is correct but the window have not the same curvature .

This Little Plastik cover is to big. 

This is very subjective to your eye, and we are not going to be changing that in this run.

• Downvote 1