Version 1.5

Spookytooth

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Well it' s the middle of February (almost) now...

Yes. It is.

You'll also note that we just pushed an update for the IXEG 737 which contains bugs that are caused by Gizmo.

This means that the Saab update is now blocked by me because the Saab runs on top of Gizmo and I'm the sole author for that product.

And guess what, in the last few months life hasn't exactly been smooth sailing.

I'm currently seeking a new house and doing my best to work out of a garage while staying with family.

This means that any future updates will be ready "when they're done" and not a moment before.

Edited by Ben Russell
typos - tired.

15 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

Yes. It is.

You'll also note that we just pushed an update for the IXEG 737 which contains bugs that are caused by Gizmo.

This means that the Saab update is now blocked by me because the Saab runs on top of Gizmo and I'm the sole author for that product.

And guess what, in the last few months life hasn't exactly been smooth sailing.

I'm currently seeking a new house and doing my best to work out of a garage while staying with family.

This means that any future updates will be ready "when they're done" and not a moment before.

Hi Ben. Since you were kind enough to reply to me, please bare with a few of my thoughts, not necessarily all of them about your above post :

1. This is a topic for the LES Saab 340 A, not for the IXEG. Since I don't own it, I really don't care about it. 

2. Excuse me for not being familiar with either the employees (you are a paid employee I suppose?) or the internal business procedures of X-aviation. Frankly (being just a paying customer) I don't care about it. If you need advise on how to run your business, I am not a business consultant and, had I been, I would charge you for advise. Based on your statement that you are the sole author for Gizmo, I can only suggest that you ask your boss to hire more people to help you.

3. I am really, truly and genuinely sorry for the difficulties in your personal life but, based on my previous paragraph, I find them to be a little bit irrelevant in this post and forum, don't you think?

4. I bought your product, based on what your business has announced, namely that there was going to be an update to version 1.5, fully compatible with xplane 11. Moreover  LES announced that it is ready since before Christmas. I bought it in good faith, patiently waited until now for the update, having bought a malfunctioning and -literally- unusable product. Excuse me for daring to ask when will I receive what I paid for.

5. During this period, I have seen comments about X-aviation having internal functionality problems, (some employee named Cameron having issues with another employee named Goran,  difficulties programming installers, Gizmo creating bugs and so on), that I REALLY DON'T CARE ABOUT. The money I spent for your product, was surely not dysfunctional and nobody asked me how I earned it. It seems to me that you don't value my business.

6. The fact that flight simulation is a hobby for me, is no excuse for developers to not value my business. It may be a hobby for me but for professional developers is a living and they should see it as such. 

7. Finally, from what I have seen in this and other posts, it seems to me that your company does not accept criticism from your clients. Again I am not a business consultant, but in my experience in the capitalist word we live in, this is bad practice for a business.

Please excuse my long post, but as you can obviously see, up to now I have used maybe less than 15 in my previous posts (why do I have the feeling that I have to excuse myself for everything I say here?...)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

6 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Hi Ben. Since you were kind enough to reply to me, please bare with a few of my thoughts, not necessarily all of them about your above post :

1. This is a topic for the LES Saab 340 A, not for the IXEG. Since I don't own it, I really don't care about it. 

2. Excuse me for not being familiar with either the employees (you are a paid employee I suppose?) or the internal business procedures of X-aviation. Frankly (being just a paying customer) I don't care about it. If you need advise on how to run your business, I am not a business consultant and, had I been, I would charge you for advise. Based on your statement that you are the sole author for Gizmo, I can only suggest that you ask your boss to hire more people to help you.

3. I am really, truly and genuinely sorry for the difficulties in your personal life but, based on my previous paragraph, I find them to be a little bit irrelevant in this post and forum, don't you think?

4. I bought your product, based on what your business has announced, namely that there was going to be an update to version 1.5, fully compatible with xplane 11. Moreover  LES announced that it is ready since before Christmas. I bought it in good faith, patiently waited until now for the update, having bought a malfunctioning and -literally- unusable product. Excuse me for daring to ask when will I receive what I paid for.

5. During this period, I have seen comments about X-aviation having internal functionality problems, (some employee named Cameron having issues with another employee named Goran,  difficulties programming installers, Gizmo creating bugs and so on), that I REALLY DON'T CARE ABOUT. The money I spent for your product, was surely not dysfunctional and nobody asked me how I earned it. It seems to me that you don't value my business.

6. The fact that flight simulation is a hobby for me, is no excuse for developers to not value my business. It may be a hobby for me but for professional developers is a living and they should see it as such. 

7. Finally, from what I have seen in this and other posts, it seems to me that your company does not accept criticism from your clients. Again I am not a business consultant, but in my experience in the capitalist word we live in, this is bad practice for a business.

Please excuse my long post, but as you can obviously see, up to now I have used maybe less than 15 in my previous posts (why do I have the feeling that I have to excuse myself for everything I say here?...)

Had you bothered to read and understand the contents of this thread in full this conversation wouldn't be happening.

As you don't give a shit about what I have to share, I'll return the favour and move right along leaving you with nothing but what you brought to the thread. Snark and attitude.

Good day.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Ben Russell said:

Had you bothered to read and understand the contents of this thread in full this conversation wouldn't be happening.

As you don't give a shit about what I have to share, I'll return the favour and move right along leaving you with nothing but what you brought to the thread. Snark and attitude.

Good day.

No comment...

5 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

I'm going to step in here and speak for my company, and to clear up a few things.  I ask that you do not take offence to anything that is said in this post.  I'm just going to keep it blunt and to the point.

Leading Edge Simulations consists of exactly 2 people.  Jim Gregory and myself.  Cameron is our publisher and our go to person for support...in MOST cases.  If support is needed in these forums, regarding code, flight model issues, texture issues, then Jim or myself will see to those issues and make sure they are fixed.

Ben Russell is the author of Gizmo...the coding language Jim uses to code all the systems in our add ons.  He has his own business relationship with X-Aviation.  We also have a business arrangement with Ben, but for obvious reasons, that will remain private.

There are absolutely no issues between myself and Cameron/X-Aviation.  Cameron, along with being the publisher of our products, is also a friend of mine.  Has been since 2009.  

The Saab IS ready, and you will get the update as soon as it has been packaged.  We spent several months getting it ready and working, and we are not about to discard it.  We do apologize for the delay, but there were unforeseen circumstances that have come up that has delayed it's release.  

One thing I will not accept is that we...LES...cannot take criticisms.  We listen to all criticisms, but not all criticisms are correct. 

Finally, as for the Saab update, once we submit all files, that's the last we see of the product.  We move on to the next job.  Speaking for us, we don't contact Cameron and hurry him up.  If it takes an unusually long amount of time, we might ask if there is a hold up...in which case, Cameron himself explained the problem.  Other than that, it's simply on to the next project.  
We've been in the X-Plane community for about a decade.  Ben and Cameron, longer than that.  
Let's just try to get along and be friendly.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

I'm going to step in here and speak for my company, and to clear up a few things.  I ask that you do not take offence to anything that is said in this post.  I'm just going to keep it blunt and to the point.

Leading Edge Simulations consists of exactly 2 people.  Jim Gregory and myself.  Cameron is our publisher and our go to person for support...in MOST cases.  If support is needed in these forums, regarding code, flight model issues, texture issues, then Jim or myself will see to those issues and make sure they are fixed.

Ben Russell is the author of Gizmo...the coding language Jim uses to code all the systems in our add ons.  He has his own business relationship with X-Aviation.  We also have a business arrangement with Ben, but for obvious reasons, that will remain private.

There are absolutely no issues between myself and Cameron/X-Aviation.  Cameron, along with being the publisher of our products, is also a friend of mine.  Has been since 2009.  

The Saab IS ready, and you will get the update as soon as it has been packaged.  We spent several months getting it ready and working, and we are not about to discard it.  We do apologize for the delay, but there were unforeseen circumstances that have come up that has delayed it's release.  

One thing I will not accept is that we...LES...cannot take criticisms.  We listen to all criticisms, but not all criticisms are correct. 

Finally, as for the Saab update, once we submit all files, that's the last we see of the product.  We move on to the next job.  Speaking for us, we don't contact Cameron and hurry him up.  If it takes an unusually long amount of time, we might ask if there is a hold up...in which case, Cameron himself explained the problem.  Other than that, it's simply on to the next project.  
We've been in the X-Plane community for about a decade.  Ben and Cameron, longer than that.  
Let's just try to get along and be friendly.  

Dear Goran.

It was not my intention to be unfriendly. If I was, it occurred in response to people being ironic, sarcastic, and unfriendly first. In any case we are in a business relation with x-aviation, not a social one and I am asking for no favors.  I just want to receive what I paid for ASAP, and in any case I will not tolerate being talked down because of my legitimate request . I appreciate your explanation on how things work between you and your associates but,  again, it is not for me to tell anyone how to run their business, that's why I don't care to find out the details.

Thank you for your excellent product, and I'm looking forward for the update that will make it usable again (if your associates stop making incomprehensible excuses, talking down on clients and, finally, start behaving as professionals). 

Sincerely

Vassilis

• Downvote 2

I get that people are exited about flying a fully functional 340 in XP11, I'm looking forward to that, too.

But let's face it: We bought the plane as advertised for XP10. Neither LES nor X-Aviation is obligated to give us an update for XP11, let alone a free one. So with that in mind (and given the constant changes LR is introducing to XP11 all the time) we should just be patient. Constantly asking about when the update will be available to us won't speed up the process a single bit.

• Upvote 3

Hi Matthias.

You are right for yourself of course, since you bought it for xp 10. Speaking for myself, as I mentioned earlier,  I bought it only after seeing the development road map for version 1.5 and 2.0 and having been promised full xp 11 compatibility. They would not be obliged to provide any update, had they not advertised upcoming updates.

Regards

Vassilis

You paid for what's detailed on the store page.

There are no official dates of release specified for the pending update.

There is no official news letter sent providing a URL that doesn't work.

7 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

On 22/12/2017 at 11:44 PM, Spookytooth said:

I just read the news in your facebook page, great! Biting my nails, love this plane! Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

On 19/01/2018 at 2:35 AM, Spookytooth said:

For me everything works fine but as soon as I land, the engines shut down by themselves in the runway.

Seems you're confused about your own experience.

This doesn't change the fact that there's still an update in the pipeline that will be released, when it's ready. Not when you ask for it, when. it's. ready.

At the moment, that situations blocked because of some nasty bugs with the plugins that power it. Bugs that I've been fixing tonight.

Doesn't mean the update will be ready tomorrow though.

You've become frustrated with your own impatience.

There was never a date given.

Only Gorans best intention and happiness that he'd completed his part of a multi step, multi party process, but you've made it extensively clear that you don't care about the details, only your own gratification.

• Upvote 3

Ben's last post sums this up pretty nicely, and that's where this thread ends.

It's out when it's out. Whomever is spreading other rumors about issues between Goran and I (who is a great friend and business partner that speaks to me daily) has no clue what they are talking about.

You bought something for v10. It was advertised officially on the store as v10. If you could not stand to wait for an update at the time you purchased it, while appreciated, was an inappropriate time to do so. Only you are able to assess your level of patience.

This thread is now closed.