Would be great to avoid this situation

branislavmilic

I see, when I developed the cloudatlas.tga there was a ton of time spent trying to limit the amount of repeating textures....

90-95% of the time I think I did a decent job.....

My advice would be try either quick or alternate the HD sets and see what one you like more.

Or since you seem to be on the artistic side try creating your own. Maybe you'll hit on something I couldn't. Look at the cloudatlas.tga's in the resource folder of silverlining.....

OR get a ppl and hire a chase plane to take photographs LOL 

Problem is until we can get ray casting with decent performance there will always be a limited set of images complied using an algorythim to present clouds.  I'm not aware of any other Flight Sim third party or default cloud set that doesn't have this limitation.....

It's not that easy as you use a specific technique with separate alpha channels.

The problem is more in the fact that there are too much duplicates and the question is: is this XP's fault or the way your plug-in's fault?

On the other hand, very often there is a mix of clouds very far and very close which make the clouds composition very unrealistic in some cases. It's like you used photos taken very far and very near from clouds and then they are put together. Very odd approach.

And I spent 2 hours in trying to find the best angles and shots and I always encounter duplicates and bizarre cuts. Very hard to make a cinematic clip or even just images. 

Sometimes I get amazing situations, but they are a minority.

smp4.jpg

smp6.jpg

smp5.jpg

smp3.jpg

smp2.jpg