jonfrederickl

As a flightsimmer for many (some say too many - ProLogic days) years, I would only say that if it were possible to go to your computer and order an aircraft (any aircraft - not just IXEG) and it would suddenly download at your local airport (the real aircraft), the criticism would start to materialize within an hour of the time the purchaser entered the aircraft.  I think the work of this team and many others goes above and beyond.  Yes, there are some who have produced and sold junk - we have all bought some of that - but, most of the vendors have given us value and that certainly applies to Cameron and team.

Thanks guys.  I, for one, appreciate your headaches and will enjoy whatever you give us ... whenever that happens ... and until then, am thoroughly enjoying the current version.

John

• Upvote 4

Hi Javier,

not sure what exactly you mean with "flat" - the reflections for the displays are (still) missing in V1.2 and will be added in 1.21. But there is no other immediate work planned for the cockpit panels, they are the same as in XP10. We may look into adding more "material" properties to cockpit elements (like you can already see on the yoke), but that will have to wait until Nils is fully back online.

Cheers, Jan

PS: This is what it looks on my end today:

737 cockpit XP11.20.jpg

44 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Hi Javier,

not sure what exactly you mean with "flat" - the reflections for the displays are (still) missing in V1.2 and will be added in 1.21. But there is no other immediate work planned for the cockpit panels, they are the same as in XP10. We may look into adding more "material" properties to cockpit elements (like you can already see on the yoke), but that will have to wait until Nils is fully back online.

Cheers, Jan

PS: This is what it looks on my end today:

Hi Jan thanks for answering.

Sorry didn't explained very well. Was talking about "CRT style" of the panels.

Did a picture. I think is caused by XP11 light wich is pretty dark.

1.bmp

Hi Javier,

yes, this discrepancy is due to the missing reflections - they will be added in 1.21. Note - however - that the reflections in XP10 were a custom solution with a fixed "reflection image map". The reflections in XP11 are real reflections, so the effect will vary.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 2

People don't realize that things was very well done They didn't notice the level of details of this addon and the work behind it, it's ungrateful.
Ok some features are missing and the VNAV sucks, but this plane is fully flyable and very pleasant.
Each time I put my ass in this bird I realize that this is the only addon wich offers this level of immersion.
And I never seen so much 733 on IVAO for few months! So guys, keep concentraded and take your time!

Edited by foobar
  • Upvote 1

Yes, I totally agree with @foobar

The IXEG is the best aircraft add-on for X-Plane, the level of details is amazing and the flight simulation is at the top.

In my opinion there isn't any comparison with the others good add-on like A320 JAR, A320FF or B737-800 Zibo mod..

I wish to the IXEG team long life and good news about their wonderful project.

I will wait with a lot of patience the next patch, hoping to have also the doors opening....:rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, pinco58 said:

In my opinion there isn't any comparison with the others good add-on like A320 JAR, A320FF or B737-800 Zibo mod..

Well, here i have to disagree. And probably the majority of other users. The IXEG is excellent but the FF320 as well! Saying there isn't even any comparaison is quite strange and not very realistic.

21 minutes ago, frankbyte said:

Well, here i have to disagree. And probably the majority of other users. The IXEG is excellent but the FF320 as well! Saying there isn't even any comparaison is quite strange and not very realistic.

I don´t have the FF320, but what I have seen in the videos is absolutely amazing. I fly the A320 family in real life (for 5 years now) and I haven´t seen anything "wrong" in those videos. I can´t comment on the flight-model, but it is certainly a day-one-buy for me!

Thanks for the kind words about our 737 - I can assure you that work is ongoing. Just yesterday we have fixed a bug about the pressurization - now it won´t be possible to pressurize the aircraft if any of the cargo doors is open. And of course - if a cargo door pops open in flight (failure simulation some day...) -> rapid decompression. Also fixed the cargo door compartment only being lit if the ground service bus is carrying power...

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 17

6 hours ago, frankbyte said:

Of course, it was a my opinion.

I have the A320FF and I have done many flight with it. It's a very good aircraft and the systems run very well.

But I was talking about the level of graphic details in the cockpit : the texture of the instruments, the shades, the metal colors of the various panels, the surfaces in relief or in depression or worn out...

In short, there is a maniacal search for all the small details that I don't see in any other aircraft.

I have both the IXEG and FFF320 and they are my top two payware aircraft in X-Plane. I dare not compare them because they are two different beasts entirely in orverall feel and flight dynamics. The FFA320 feels new and fairly quiet and the IXEG squeaks and groans like an old classic bird and I love that. Both are very well done. Keep up the great work IXEG team. 

• Upvote 6

On 14.1.2018 at 6:23 PM, pinco58 said:

Of course, it was a my opinion.

I have the A320FF and I have done many flight with it. It's a very good aircraft and the systems run very well.

But I was talking about the level of graphic details in the cockpit : the texture of the instruments, the shades, the metal colors of the various panels, the surfaces in relief or in depression or worn out...

In short, there is a maniacal search for all the small details that I don't see in any other aircraft.

I agree on that point: from an aesthetic point of view, the IXEG-cockpit looks fantastic and the immersion with the "vibrating" cockpit during turbulences is also for me one of the best we have in X-Plane.

Edited by frankbyte

On 1/14/2018 at 0:23 PM, pinco58 said:

I know you have the FFA320 because we've discussed over in the beta Forum, just don't forget that the FFA320 is still WIP. And concerning details, if flying a non glass cockpit doesn't scare you there is also another 737 with a big attention given to details you might like it. I'm really Happy with both the Ixeg and the FJS 737, they are quite different enough to not get in the way of each other, and to be honest it's fun to compare both to see the difference in flight behaviour, the systems etc, the work that has to be done by the pilots etc... I take pleasure in flying both, I just wish the ixeg could be fully finished faster (i mean FMC, failures etc, doors would be a + but not at the expense of performance), but I understand that you are doing this on the side of your "real" life.

4 hours ago, ThorBrasil said:

Does IXEG already have FMOD and all internal and external textures in PBR?

FMOD: Yes and no. No in that it doesn't use FMOD. Yes in that it has its own 3D sound engine that does the same thing as FMOD prior to FMOD actually being used in X-Plane. When the switch to FMOD comes, I would not anticipate much difference in how you hear the sounds since the two sound engines essentially are equal.

PBR: Yes, the 737 has PBR.

4 hours ago, ThorBrasil said:

How many people work on the IXEG 737 project?

The core team consists of four. It becomes six if you add in contributions from Ben and myself.

• Upvote 4

Hi,

I have linked my yoke buttons to "lock view" options to move my head around which is very helpful when taxing etc....(I am sure you know).

Now, when I activate "head shake" in B733 menu I am unable to have 2 positions view with one button.

In other words, normally when you have set let's say key "6" on NumPad to look right, when you push it again and again, you get that point of view and previous (whatever it was).

With "head shake" it doesn't work....

Do you know what I mean? Is it possible to fix it?

Cheers

In my opinion no other civilian plane in any flight sim is more enjoyable or creates a better suspension of disbelief than the IXEG 737. And I have flown quite a few planes and sims over the many years I have been a simmer.

Agree. I'm not sure I'll ever fly another aircraft again. This aircraft is simply spectacular and I just can't be bothered wasting time in other aircraft at the level of immersion I expect. Keep up the good work guys.

PS: I love that this says I'm a Newbie... 

Edited by Kermit
PS
  • Upvote 2

On 14/01/2018 at 9:28 AM, Litjan said:

I don´t have the FF320, but what I have seen in the videos is absolutely amazing. I fly the A320 family in real life (for 5 years now) and I haven´t seen anything "wrong" in those videos. I can´t comment on the flight-model, but it is certainly a day-one-buy for me!

Thanks for the kind words about our 737 - I can assure you that work is ongoing. Just yesterday we have fixed a bug about the pressurization - now it won´t be possible to pressurize the aircraft if any of the cargo doors is open. And of course - if a cargo door pops open in flight (failure simulation some day...) -> rapid decompression. Also fixed the cargo door compartment only being lit if the ground service bus is carrying power...

Cheers, Jan

I fly the A32F in the real life as well (for 6 years now) and I got the FF320 on its last beta batch release. I only did a quick visual circuit and it`s a very good airplane indeed, but I think it still have some work to do on the flight model, ie: the landing quite unrealistic, lacks the ground effect and FBW`s flare mode. I will post my impressions on their forums as soon I got time for it.

I fly simulators on PC since the FS5.1 (about 24 years now) and today I can say for sure the IXEG flight model is the closest to the real feeling of flying a jet airplane!

• Upvote 4

On 07/02/2018 at 2:00 AM, Shanwick said:

^ Agreed. The IXEGs flight model is still unmatched. The flight model is for me personally the most important part of a sim aircraft.

If you fly it under xp10 yes, but it was pretty badly hurt with last XP11 updates, now it’s back again at it’s level since v1.21