Jump to content
airfighter

General Aviation - P.180 Avanti II

Recommended Posts

On 15/04/2018 at 5:06 AM, forefarley said:

My favorite aircraft in any sim ever, thank you.

 

Any idea if youll ever make it so the VR handsets can work the flight sticks?

Thanks a lot for you kind words!

VR compatibility is something that I would like to do, but because I don't own any headset at the moment, is hard to develop. Anyway, could you list me what manipulators are missing, or any changes needed to make it VR friendly? I might try to add a few, although blindly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2018 at 7:56 PM, airfighter said:

VR compatibility is something that I would like to do, but because I don't own any headset at the moment, is hard to develop.

Ask the guy at http://simvrlabs.com/

He did amazing configurations for various aircrafts and is an expert on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got your request on the website and will totally help!  Would be happy to.  I will download the aircraft and take a look, and PM you @airfighter. Understand that there are 4 aircraft ahead of this one, (AOA osprey, AOA F35, Let L410, TBM900 cockpit update) so looking at a couple weeks out.  Hopefully by mid December if you guys can stand-by a bit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, falcon1823 said:

I got your request on the website and will totally help!  Would be happy to.  I will download the aircraft and take a look, and PM you @airfighter. Understand that there are 4 aircraft ahead of this one, (AOA osprey, AOA F35, Let L410, TBM900 cockpit update) so looking at a couple weeks out.  Hopefully by mid December if you guys can stand-by a bit.

Thanks a lot for the quick response! Of course there is no problem, take your time. I will wait for you PM to give you as much help you need.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am running the latest stable X-Plane 11 on the latest MacOS. I have the Gizmo plugin installed from TerraMaxx so I downloaded "P_180_Avanti_II.zip" and the latest scripts. Put the P_180_Avanti_II folder in my Aircraft folder and dragged the latest scripts folder into the P_180_Avanti_II folder. When I start a flight with the P_180_Avanti_II, after takeoff and a short way into the flight it will start to fade the whole screen until it is completely black. I can still hear the audio so I know it is still in flight and if I use the instructor panel to change planes everything goes back to normal. Is there something I am missing. Why does it fade out on me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dlgonzo said:

I am running the latest stable X-Plane 11 on the latest MacOS. I have the Gizmo plugin installed from TerraMaxx so I downloaded "P_180_Avanti_II.zip" and the latest scripts. Put the P_180_Avanti_II folder in my Aircraft folder and dragged the latest scripts folder into the P_180_Avanti_II folder. When I start a flight with the P_180_Avanti_II, after takeoff and a short way into the flight it will start to fade the whole screen until it is completely black. I can still hear the audio so I know it is still in flight and if I use the instructor panel to change planes everything goes back to normal. Is there something I am missing. Why does it fade out on me?

Typical cabin pressurization problem. If you do a cold start, then the switches in the image below will be on the OFF position. After start the engines, turn them ON.

avanti_11.thumb.jpg.360c2d86bd0681ab49faf0c2242559ed.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, airfighter said:

Typical cabin pressurization problem. If you do a cold start, then the switches in the image below will be on the OFF position. After start the engines, turn them ON.

avanti_11.thumb.jpg.360c2d86bd0681ab49faf0c2242559ed.jpg

Well I guess that is what I get for not following the checklists.  Very nice upgrade to the aircraft...Thank You!!

Edited by Dlgonzo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dlgonzo said:

Well I guess that is what I get for not following the checklists.  Very nice upgrade to the aircraft...Thank You!!

Exactly! Specially when you got it in the plane!avanti_14.thumb.png.440f7225565a11d51f00c7dc4beb63e4.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a really well-done rendition of the Avanti. I downloaded the 2.1 version of the aircraft and have been flying it around for a while now with no problems.

When I went to download the 2.2 version, however, nothing seems to work at all. I can't get the engines to start up, and I can't get the avionics to come on at all. If I tell the game to start with the engines running, then I can take off and fly the plane, but the avionics are still all dead, which makes it hard to do much of anything. Any idea of what might be going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm really loving the version 2.1 Avanti so far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Missiles said:

This is a really well-done rendition of the Avanti. I downloaded the 2.1 version of the aircraft and have been flying it around for a while now with no problems.

When I went to download the 2.2 version, however, nothing seems to work at all. I can't get the engines to start up, and I can't get the avionics to come on at all. If I tell the game to start with the engines running, then I can take off and fly the plane, but the avionics are still all dead, which makes it hard to do much of anything. Any idea of what might be going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm really loving the version 2.1 Avanti so far!

Please post your Log.txt and GizmoLog.txt files, and a couple of shots of the instruments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, airfighter said:

Please post your Log.txt and GizmoLog.txt files, and a couple of shots of the instruments.

I've attached the files to this post. As for shots of the instruments, I've uploaded a YouTube video of it here:

I can also just upload still screenshots if you prefer.

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Missiles it is a know bummer I've created. I'm adding Avitab (will be available on the MFD), but I wrongfully didn't add any checks to see if the plugin is installed. Will be fixed soon. For now:

  1. Keep both versions.
  2. To make v2.2 to work, install Avitab. You can get it from here.
  3. Be a bit patient, cause there are a couple more items I need to address before I release a fix. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2019 at 10:32 PM, Missiles said:

I've attached the files to this post. As for shots of the instruments, I've uploaded a YouTube video of it here:

I can also just upload still screenshots if you prefer.

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

I have the exact same issue. Along with the fact that I can't get the throttle controls to work with my saitek throttle quadrant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, smthbrothrj said:

I have the exact same issue. Along with the fact that I can't get the throttle controls to work with my saitek throttle quadrant.

The last release has those 2 issues, which have been I introduced by me. Hopefully very soon I will release a newer version fixing those issues and adding a few more nice features (check next post).

The solutions for now are:

For the avionics, you must install Avitab. You can get it from here.

For the throttles (and/or condition levers), 

  1. Duplicate your joystick profile and named it Avanti and assign it only to Avanti.
  2. Map one of your throttles to "Throttle" command (at the very top on the list).
  3. Now you will control both power levers with the one throttle.

I know that is not the proper way, but because of the extreme customization, and the effort to be as much compatible with everything exists, unforeseen things will occur.

Sorry for the inconvenience I introduce.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To relax myself of the payware projects, I'm doing a bit of work on Avanti too!

Hm...I've found weird ways to relax, right?!  :P:lol: 

Anyway...here are some images for the next v2.3. Enjoy!

133443199_avanti-2019-07-0420_05_52.thumb.png.55695dfc5976973186cef07efdd1be77.png1429845554_avanti-2019-07-0420_05_26.thumb.png.ff55971603620d0490bf8072ed4f9e80.png2144322977_avanti-2019-07-0420_06_01.thumb.png.2eb0da31f751a785fa5ad0045d502cf5.png1417395885_avanti-2019-07-0420_10_26.thumb.png.41ef1d94322de79f994a377d7ea922b8.png1079438347_avanti-2019-07-0420_11_41.thumb.png.00e379963d9396bfa0c4be83b34017bf.png448927795_avanti-2019-06-2622_02_57.thumb.png.3a1b0bf79d4fb13b6bfccf19c6140bb1.png1997554855_avanti-2019-07-0420_12_24.thumb.png.9458fec28bc828accecb55b014ba11bb.png

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, airfighter said:

The last release has those 2 issues, which have been I introduced by me. Hopefully very soon I will release a newer version fixing those issues and adding a few more nice features (check next post).

 The solutions for now are:

For the avionics, you must install Avitab. You can get it from here.

 For the throttles (and/or condition levers), 

  1. Duplicate your joystick profile and named it Avanti and assign it only to Avanti.
  2. Map one of your throttles to "Throttle" command (at the very top on the list).
  3. Now you will control both power levers with the one throttle.

I know that is not the proper way, but because of the extreme customization, and the effort to be as much compatible with everything exists, unforeseen things will occur.

Sorry for the inconvenience I introduce.

 

Awesome. Thank you kind sir. You are the man! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I am back.

It appears that whatever Gizmo script that helps control the power/condition controls also messes with my control of the propeller power. The only way I can move the propeller lever is by the mouse, and it is not consistent. Sometimes when click and drag on one of the prop levers and then move the mouse up, it will increase the prop. Other times it will decrease. Sometimes it will jump or stick to a certain point, without any noticable pattern. The same goes for the other direction

 Using the keyboard does not work, and using an axis on a joystick or throttle quadrant still does not work with the steps above. If I turn gizmo off, I regain normal control over the propeller control, but of  lose control over the other things that is properly being controlled by the script in question. 

Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, smthbrothrj said:

Hello, I am back.

It appears that whatever Gizmo script that helps control the power/condition controls also messes with my control of the propeller power. The only way I can move the propeller lever is by the mouse, and it is not consistent. Sometimes when click and drag on one of the prop levers and then move the mouse up, it will increase the prop. Other times it will decrease. Sometimes it will jump or stick to a certain point, without any noticable pattern. The same goes for the other direction

 Using the keyboard does not work, and using an axis on a joystick or throttle quadrant still does not work with the steps above. If I turn gizmo off, I regain normal control over the propeller control, but of  lose control over the other things that is properly being controlled by the script in question. 

Any ideas?

In the current version, you can only manipulate the props with the mouse. Also it would be better to have no axis of your controls assigned to props (separate of both) to avoid any interference between mouse commands and physical controls positioning. It is programmed that the controls will "stick" to certain positions to simulate the lever falling into a gate. Of course. I strongly recommend to have a dedicated controls/joystick profile for Avanti. 

A total fix for this is coming with the next version, where you will set at the options, what type of controls you are using, so the controls will be work properly. Check the image below.

To make things work for mouse control, VR controls, single axis, and separate axis have become impossible to have them all just working. A bit of patient for now!

CAUTION: Disabling GIZMO will render the aircraft not operational. Don't do that!

1308109024_avanti-2019-07-1111_34_51.thumb.png.61ea5621f8787831a67f51abae117339.png

 

Edited by airfighter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×