General Aviation - P.180 Avanti II

airfighter

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 3:49 AM, airfighter said:

In the current version, you can only manipulate the props with the mouse. Also it would be better to have no axis of your controls assigned to props (separate of both) to avoid any interference between mouse commands and physical controls positioning. It is programmed that the controls will "stick" to certain positions to simulate the lever falling into a gate. Of course. I strongly recommend to have a dedicated controls/joystick profile for Avanti. 

A total fix for this is coming with the next version, where you will set at the options, what type of controls you are using, so the controls will be work properly. Check the image below.

To make things work for mouse control, VR controls, single axis, and separate axis have become impossible to have them all just working. A bit of patient for now!

CAUTION: Disabling GIZMO will render the aircraft not operational. Don't do that!

1308109024_avanti-2019-07-1111_34_51.thumb.png.61ea5621f8787831a67f51abae117339.png

Please consider a LBS option for the Non Euro pilots. I am truly in awe of your efforts and thank you many times over for your donation to our community.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lbilyeu0504 said:

When using this aircraft, I can only move the condition levers with mouse, I have a CH products throttle quadrant set up, but throttles always snap back to idle cut off unless moved by mouse.

If you open the tablet and click on the Avanti picture, you will find settings for how to control hardware. Click next to Condition Levers Mode, on the VR/Mouse, and will change to HW AXES (as below). Then you can use your hardware.

I'm expecting in next days to have my internet connection upgraded so I can do some live streaming. Probably the first will be about Avanti, show/explain a few things, etc. I will post it here before, so anyone who wants to watch it, and ask question, could do it. Hopefully will stay there for a few days there as reference (or might record it myself and uploaded later on my youtube channel).

1548277972_avanti-2020-04-2600_44_32.thumb.png.7bff65048d6fb9fdd9bd0a66d661c017.png

avanti - 2020-04-26 00.44.25.png

Edited by airfighter

1 hour ago, Hibernvs said:

1. I don’t see the tablet? It is updated to the latest version.

Check the post just above yours. If you move your mouse on the right edge of the screen, a tool tray pops out. The last icon is the tablet show/hide button.

2 the plane is extremely unstable on takeoff roll, it seems to want to do circles.

The aircraft is set the nose wheel steering in auto mode (check above post 1st picture). In this mode, the front wheel will steer to follow your commands up to 60 knots. Then is locked in the forward position. You can change this to manual and set a command (joystick or keyboard) to lock or unlock the nose wheel. Normally you should lock the front wheel for take off, when you are aligned in the runway. All these are valid, if there is no strong crosswind. If you have strong crosswind, keep the nose wheel steering in auto, so you can have some lateral control of the aircraft up to 60 knots, when the rudder is efficient to be used for lateral control.

3 I keep over speeding the flaps on takeoff, probably pilot error, but still. 

On the speed tape, there is an indication of the VR speed, when you must rotate the aircraft for lift off. It is 105 knots, which is good for all gross weights. Keeping a nose up attitude of around 15o -20is good enough to allow for a smooth acceleration, to allow you time to retract landing and flaps. Make sure of course that you are not using full power, beyond the limits! The aircraft has huge amounts of power. Can sustain 100% torque up to FL250! For take off set the torque around 93-95%. Will gain a couple more % as the aircraft speeds up. You must keep it at all circumstances below 100%.

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Paulvanuf said:

Hi,

Did my first flights today and love the ac.

Would like to read/know about performance data. 

And about flight automation. Couldn’t find f.i. how to use the speedbug. 

grz. Paul

3 hours ago, Paulvanuf said:

Is it possible to have more contrast/brightness on the screens in a future update?

grz. 
paul

You can find a lot of Avanti manuals here:
http://www.smartcockpit.com/plane/PIAGGIO/AVANTI.html
http://www.smartcockpit.com/docs/P180_Avanti-Specification_and_Description.pdf

You can also have a look at my youtube channel. I have a coupel tutorial for the Avanti and lately I made a full flight. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCheNLdO4Y4Xf6X15LL3KugA

1 hour ago, jesusrodero said:

Hi, Ilias.

First of all, thanks for your work.

I've just updated to 2.3.0 version but the Reverse does not work in the cabin with the mouse, nor on my physical throttle or joystick buttons.

I'm using X-Plane 11.41 on macOS 10.14 Mojave.

First you need to select from the tablet if you are going to use hardware (joystick and such) or mouse. 

If you select hardware, then you must have a button assign to Toggle Reverse, to engage reverse thrust (a REV indication will appear inside the TQ indicator), and then increase thrust as you like.

If you use mouse, you must pull the levers to idle (there is a manipulator between the 2 levers to grab both together), pull a bit up and then back to reverse area.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, nathmaheshmp said:

I don't really understand how to start the descent with this plane. Could you please explain me the procedure?

Select a lower altitude and then select one of the vertical modes, like vertical speed (VS), flight level change (FLC), pitch, or VNAV (buggy). Use the throttles to control, if in VS mode the airspeed, or if in FLC mode, the VS.