General Aviation - P.180 Avanti II

airfighter

On 15/04/2018 at 5:06 AM, forefarley said:

My favorite aircraft in any sim ever, thank you.

Any idea if youll ever make it so the VR handsets can work the flight sticks?

Thanks a lot for you kind words!

VR compatibility is something that I would like to do, but because I don't own any headset at the moment, is hard to develop. Anyway, could you list me what manipulators are missing, or any changes needed to make it VR friendly? I might try to add a few, although blindly.

• 7 months later...

I got your request on the website and will totally help!  Would be happy to.  I will download the aircraft and take a look, and PM you @airfighter. Understand that there are 4 aircraft ahead of this one, (AOA osprey, AOA F35, Let L410, TBM900 cockpit update) so looking at a couple weeks out.  Hopefully by mid December if you guys can stand-by a bit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, falcon1823 said:

I got your request on the website and will totally help!  Would be happy to.  I will download the aircraft and take a look, and PM you @airfighter. Understand that there are 4 aircraft ahead of this one, (AOA osprey, AOA F35, Let L410, TBM900 cockpit update) so looking at a couple weeks out.  Hopefully by mid December if you guys can stand-by a bit.

Thanks a lot for the quick response! Of course there is no problem, take your time. I will wait for you PM to give you as much help you need.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am running the latest stable X-Plane 11 on the latest MacOS. I have the Gizmo plugin installed from TerraMaxx so I downloaded "P_180_Avanti_II.zip" and the latest scripts. Put the P_180_Avanti_II folder in my Aircraft folder and dragged the latest scripts folder into the P_180_Avanti_II folder. When I start a flight with the P_180_Avanti_II, after takeoff and a short way into the flight it will start to fade the whole screen until it is completely black. I can still hear the audio so I know it is still in flight and if I use the instructor panel to change planes everything goes back to normal. Is there something I am missing. Why does it fade out on me?

4 hours ago, Dlgonzo said:

I am running the latest stable X-Plane 11 on the latest MacOS. I have the Gizmo plugin installed from TerraMaxx so I downloaded "P_180_Avanti_II.zip" and the latest scripts. Put the P_180_Avanti_II folder in my Aircraft folder and dragged the latest scripts folder into the P_180_Avanti_II folder. When I start a flight with the P_180_Avanti_II, after takeoff and a short way into the flight it will start to fade the whole screen until it is completely black. I can still hear the audio so I know it is still in flight and if I use the instructor panel to change planes everything goes back to normal. Is there something I am missing. Why does it fade out on me?

Typical cabin pressurization problem. If you do a cold start, then the switches in the image below will be on the OFF position. After start the engines, turn them ON.

avanti_11.thumb.jpg.360c2d86bd0681ab49faf0c2242559ed.jpg

13 hours ago, airfighter said:

Typical cabin pressurization problem. If you do a cold start, then the switches in the image below will be on the OFF position. After start the engines, turn them ON.

avanti_11.thumb.jpg.360c2d86bd0681ab49faf0c2242559ed.jpg

Well I guess that is what I get for not following the checklists.  Very nice upgrade to the aircraft...Thank You!!

Edited by Dlgonzo

• 1 month later...

This is a really well-done rendition of the Avanti. I downloaded the 2.1 version of the aircraft and have been flying it around for a while now with no problems.

When I went to download the 2.2 version, however, nothing seems to work at all. I can't get the engines to start up, and I can't get the avionics to come on at all. If I tell the game to start with the engines running, then I can take off and fly the plane, but the avionics are still all dead, which makes it hard to do much of anything. Any idea of what might be going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm really loving the version 2.1 Avanti so far!

2 hours ago, Missiles said:

This is a really well-done rendition of the Avanti. I downloaded the 2.1 version of the aircraft and have been flying it around for a while now with no problems.

When I went to download the 2.2 version, however, nothing seems to work at all. I can't get the engines to start up, and I can't get the avionics to come on at all. If I tell the game to start with the engines running, then I can take off and fly the plane, but the avionics are still all dead, which makes it hard to do much of anything. Any idea of what might be going on? Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm really loving the version 2.1 Avanti so far!

Please post your Log.txt and GizmoLog.txt files, and a couple of shots of the instruments.

@Missiles it is a know bummer I've created. I'm adding Avitab (will be available on the MFD), but I wrongfully didn't add any checks to see if the plugin is installed. Will be fixed soon. For now:

1. Keep both versions.
  2. To make v2.2 to work, install Avitab. You can get it from here.
  3. Be a bit patient, cause there are a couple more items I need to address before I release a fix. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/21/2019 at 10:32 PM, Missiles said:

I've attached the files to this post. As for shots of the instruments, I've uploaded a YouTube video of it here:

I can also just upload still screenshots if you prefer.

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

I have the exact same issue. Along with the fact that I can't get the throttle controls to work with my saitek throttle quadrant.

7 hours ago, smthbrothrj said:

I have the exact same issue. Along with the fact that I can't get the throttle controls to work with my saitek throttle quadrant.

The last release has those 2 issues, which have been I introduced by me. Hopefully very soon I will release a newer version fixing those issues and adding a few more nice features (check next post).

The solutions for now are:

For the avionics, you must install Avitab. You can get it from here.

For the throttles (and/or condition levers), 

1. Duplicate your joystick profile and named it Avanti and assign it only to Avanti.
  2. Map one of your throttles to "Throttle" command (at the very top on the list).
  3. Now you will control both power levers with the one throttle.

I know that is not the proper way, but because of the extreme customization, and the effort to be as much compatible with everything exists, unforeseen things will occur.

Sorry for the inconvenience I introduce.

1 hour ago, airfighter said:

The last release has those 2 issues, which have been I introduced by me. Hopefully very soon I will release a newer version fixing those issues and adding a few more nice features (check next post).

The solutions for now are:

For the avionics, you must install Avitab. You can get it from here.

For the throttles (and/or condition levers), 

1. Duplicate your joystick profile and named it Avanti and assign it only to Avanti.
  2. Map one of your throttles to "Throttle" command (at the very top on the list).
  3. Now you will control both power levers with the one throttle.

I know that is not the proper way, but because of the extreme customization, and the effort to be as much compatible with everything exists, unforeseen things will occur.

Sorry for the inconvenience I introduce.

Awesome. Thank you kind sir. You are the man! 

• Like 1

Hello, I am back.

It appears that whatever Gizmo script that helps control the power/condition controls also messes with my control of the propeller power. The only way I can move the propeller lever is by the mouse, and it is not consistent. Sometimes when click and drag on one of the prop levers and then move the mouse up, it will increase the prop. Other times it will decrease. Sometimes it will jump or stick to a certain point, without any noticable pattern. The same goes for the other direction

Using the keyboard does not work, and using an axis on a joystick or throttle quadrant still does not work with the steps above. If I turn gizmo off, I regain normal control over the propeller control, but of  lose control over the other things that is properly being controlled by the script in question. 

Any ideas?

12 hours ago, smthbrothrj said:

Hello, I am back.

It appears that whatever Gizmo script that helps control the power/condition controls also messes with my control of the propeller power. The only way I can move the propeller lever is by the mouse, and it is not consistent. Sometimes when click and drag on one of the prop levers and then move the mouse up, it will increase the prop. Other times it will decrease. Sometimes it will jump or stick to a certain point, without any noticable pattern. The same goes for the other direction

Using the keyboard does not work, and using an axis on a joystick or throttle quadrant still does not work with the steps above. If I turn gizmo off, I regain normal control over the propeller control, but of  lose control over the other things that is properly being controlled by the script in question. 

Any ideas?

In the current version, you can only manipulate the props with the mouse. Also it would be better to have no axis of your controls assigned to props (separate of both) to avoid any interference between mouse commands and physical controls positioning. It is programmed that the controls will "stick" to certain positions to simulate the lever falling into a gate. Of course. I strongly recommend to have a dedicated controls/joystick profile for Avanti. 

A total fix for this is coming with the next version, where you will set at the options, what type of controls you are using, so the controls will be work properly. Check the image below.

To make things work for mouse control, VR controls, single axis, and separate axis have become impossible to have them all just working. A bit of patient for now!

CAUTION: Disabling GIZMO will render the aircraft not operational. Don't do that!

1308109024_avanti-2019-07-1111_34_51.thumb.png.61ea5621f8787831a67f51abae117339.png

Edited by airfighter

• 2 weeks later...
Good morning, congratulations for the great work, I am thinking of creating a cockpit of the 180, 
which turns with this model of flight, however, at the first start, it seems that the plane does 
not want to leave the cool and dark state .... 
this is the log that comes out of me ... did I miss something in the installation?

image.png

Good morning, congratulations for the great work, I am thinking of creating a cockpit of the 180, which turns with this model of flight, however, at the first start, it seems that the plane does not want to leave the cool and dark state .... this is the log that comes out of me ... did I miss something in the installation?

image.png.970a191fef9278d490697768ed63b402.png

You should install the Avitab plugin to work. A fix is coming soon.
  • Upvote 1

On 7/21/2019 at 11:22 AM, airfighter said:
On 7/21/2019 at 10:49 AM, ireca said:

Good morning, congratulations for the great work, I am thinking of creating a cockpit of the 180, which turns with this model of flight, however, at the first start, it seems that the plane does not want to leave the cool and dark state .... this is the log that comes out of me ... did I miss something in the installation?
In fact now it work .... thank you very much 

image.png.970a191fef9278d490697768ed63b402.png

You should install the Avitab plugin to work. A fix is coming soon.

in 

As I mentioned in the previous post, having at home some real parts of the P180 I'm thinking of creating a HomeCockpit .... about the proline21 there is an external suite that can work with this model ?, I searched on airmanager but I found nothing .. it would be very nice to get an external avionics ...

7 hours ago, ireca said:

As I mentioned in the previous post, having at home some real parts of the P180 I'm thinking of creating a HomeCockpit .... about the proline21 there is an external suite that can work with this model ?, I searched on airmanager but I found nothing .. it would be very nice to get an external avionics ...

Ah...I think I've seen somewhere something like a plugin that captures the panel texture from X-Plane, and exports it to somewhere... Can't remember exactly. but if I find it I let you know.

9 hours ago, ireca said:

2 hours ago, airfighter said:

Ah...I think I've seen somewhere something like a plugin that captures the panel texture from X-Plane, and exports it to somewhere... Can't remember exactly. but if I find it I let you know.

OK... I have a special treat for you!

Here is the plugin I mentioned.  Download it, read the notes, and install. Works on the same computer, network, etc.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/42612-xtextureextractor/

Then go to the plugin folder and unzip this file: avanti.acf.tex.zip

I've sent the file to the creator of the plugin to include it in a next release.

Here all the screens of the Avanti rendered on my second monitor.

Capture.thumb.PNG.2208af53e3970efb6b2bfafef5a2761d.PNG

• Like 1