Cant set course for GPS.

slash128gnr

If you wish to fly a series of waypoints do not put the GPS in OBS mode. It should be GPS only and NAV in the autopilot control.

From the GPS530 manual that you can down load online:OBS Key – Used to select manual or automatic sequencing of waypoints. Pressing the OBS Key selects OBS mode, which retains the current ‘active to’ waypoint as the navigation reference even after passing the waypoint (i.e., prevents sequencing to the next waypoint). Pressing the OBS Key again returns the unit to normal operation, with automatic sequencing of waypoints. When OBS mode is selected, the pilot may set the desired course to/from a waypoint using the Select OBS Course pop-up window, or an external OBS selector on the HSI or CDI. I hope that explains it for you...it took a while for me to realise and fix to!

On 12/7/2017 at 3:11 PM, Tassierob said:

When OBS mode is selected, the pilot may set the desired course to/from a waypoint using the Select OBS Course pop-up window, or an external OBS selector on the HSI or CDI. I hope that explains it for you...it took a while for me to realise and fix to!

This is exactly the point I think slash128gnr was addressing. You should be able to move the Course needle on the HSI when in OBS mode. That seems to be the whole point of the exercise. It does work like this in XP 11 with other aircraft, but I have no idea about the SAAB. So I don't think it is a XP 11 bug.