G530 sids and stars

brauner1

SIDS and STARS are supported. You find them by pushing the procedures key on the GPS.  The important thing is to make sure you have the Nav data installed and upto date. Also not all airports have procedures. I have a Navigraph subscription and it works fine though you occasionally get an airport they miss putting procedures in for. Usually smaller regional airports. 

Go to an airport you know has sids and stars. Load in a flight plan then push procedures key. There will be a menus with departures plus approach and arrival pages for your destination.. Hope that helps.

3 hours ago, Tassierob said:

SIDS and STARS are supported. You find them by pushing the procedures key on the GPS.  The important thing is to make sure you have the Nav data installed and upto date. Also not all airports have procedures. I have a Navigraph subscription and it works fine though you occasionally get an airport they miss putting procedures in for. Usually smaller regional airports. 

Go to an airport you know has sids and stars. Load in a flight plan then push procedures key. There will be a menus with departures plus approach and arrival pages for your destination.. Hope that helps.

Thats the problem. I only have approach related prompts on the proc page. And looking at xplane10/resources/GNS430/navdata i already have many sids stars included in .txt files. But they dont show up in the sim.

13 hours ago, brauner1 said:

Well too bad there was not a single post that put it clearly enough. Is there no way to modify it in XP10? What do other XP10 users use for rnav navigation?

Very sorry but I assumed in my initial reply you were on XP11 as you did not specify. I have been using XP11 for so long I forgot XP10 did not support SIDS and STARS

I was actually assuming the GPS unit would be developed/extended as well instead just using the default one. I found simplefmc to be a very good freeware tool for inputting navigational information for LRN with support of airways, sids and stars. Much closer to a functioning rnav unit then that usless and incompatent supposed representation by the default one. Simply looking at it as half way to a UNS1k unit on the pedestal, with the gps screen as an MFD.