Importing an Object 8 into Xplane's Planemaker

brv09

Hi there, I am a senior in aerospace engineering working on building a model of an aircraft my team and I are designing so that we can test fly it Xplane to get a feel for the stability and get a Cooper Harper measurement on it. I originally had my model in SolidWorks where I then exported as a .stl file to AC3D. From there I installed the Xplane plug in so that I might export the model as an object 8 object. My question is how do I bring this into planemaker? I have the steam version on Xplane 11 but I cannot figure out how to move it into planemaker.

Thanks,

Bret

6 hours ago, brv09 said:

Hi there, I am a senior in aerospace engineering working on building a model of an aircraft my team and I are designing so that we can test fly it Xplane to get a feel for the stability and get a Cooper Harper measurement on it. I originally had my model in SolidWorks where I then exported as a .stl file to AC3D. From there I installed the Xplane plug in so that I might export the model as an object 8 object. My question is how do I bring this into planemaker? I have the steam version on Xplane 11 but I cannot figure out how to move it into planemaker.

Thanks,

Bret

https://developer.x-plane.com/manuals/planemaker/index.html#modifyingtheappearanceofanaircraft

Scroll down to / Search for;

Attaching 3-D Objects

7 hours ago, brv09 said:

Thanks,

Bret

X-Plane object is only for visual representation. You have to build your aircraft in planemaker to test it in the sim.