Sign in to follow this  
Moskito

Where is the Linux package?

Hi!

I just bought the Mitsubishi MU2 from X-Avaiation Website and downloaded the package.
But I can't find the Linux package/installer!

Do I miss something here?

Regards,
Marcus

50 minutes ago, Moskito said:

Hi!

I just bought the Mitsubishi MU2 from X-Avaiation Website and downloaded the package.
But I can't find the Linux package/installer!

Do I miss something here?

Regards,
Marcus

X-Aviation does NOT offer Linux support.

An experimental version of Gizmo was made available but after approx six months we have only ~10 customers using it.

I recommend filing a refund request. DO NOT ACTIVATE YOUR PRODUCTS on some other OS or your request will be rejected.

1 minute ago, Ben Russell said:

X-Aviation does NOT offer Linux support.

An experimental version of Gizmo was made available but after approx six months we have only ~10 customers using it.

I recommend filing a refund request. DO NOT ACTIVATE YOUR PRODUCTS on some other OS or your request will be rejected.

WTF?

Where can I fin this Info about the Linux support?

It is not on the X-Aviation site, or?

Do we see a Gizmo support for Linux in the near future?

It is too late for a refund, because i opened the exe with wine....

Just now, Moskito said:

WTF?

Where can I fin this Info about the Linux support?

It is not on the X-Aviation site, or?

Do we see a Gizmo support for Linux in the near future?

It is too late for a refund, because i opened the exe with wine....

You're using an OS that represents ~3% of the X-Plane total market.

You should assume that things wont work, like, you know, the rest of the IT software world.

There is no info, there is no statement. This is a "one person every couple of months" event.

Gizmo support in the near future: NO. There is already experimental Gizmo support available. Ten people in six months. Unsustainable.

Running it with Wine is fine, just don't activate in the sim. I have no plans to continue subsdising Linux in future.

We have class leading products available. There is NO sustainable Linux market and you have no arguments left to debate otherwise.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Sorry to be rude, but...

I bought X-Plane because of the possibility to use it under Linux and I expect that every plugin/tool whatever runs on windows/mac AND linux.
If a company or one person are unequel to deliver this, than they should drop such broken plugin/tool and go with FSX!

To be honest, for me it looks like scam!

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Moskito said:

Sorry to be rude, but...

I bought X-Plane because of the possibility to use it under Linux and I expect that every plugin/tool whatever runs on windows/mac AND linux.
If a company or one person are unequel to deliver this, than they should drop such broken plugin/tool and go with FSX!

Yes, that's nice. Ignore all the facts.

You choose to isolate yourself in Linux land. Have fun with all that entails.

Good day to you to.

15 minutes ago, Moskito said:

Sorry to be rude, but...

Just to make it perfectly clear;

I have already made a Linux plugin available.

At my own expense and time outlay.

There is no sustainable market for it.

Ten people in six months does not pay the bills.

Please explain to me why I should continue to invest my personal time and resources into what is essentially a failed venture into the Linux market segment...

3 minutes ago, theluckyone17 said:

And it's "too much work" to post the system requirements on the store pages. If that doesn't give you some insight into their practices, I don't know what will. Good luck.

You're a little late to this topic. Please don't troll. You've done that enough in the past already. This comment is entirely stupid, especially the part about the "insight into their practices". All three of you Linux users that purchase each year and realize it's not for Linux get a refund. There's nothing shady to see here.

The simulator platform supports all three operating systems. You  can't be bothered to specify which operating systems you support. Do you dispute that?

Edited by theluckyone17
Spelling

4 hours ago, theluckyone17 said:

The simulator platform supports all three operating systems. You  can't be bothered to specify which operating systems you support. Do you dispute that?

If you're too stupid to read and understand the facts on THIS page it's hardly my problem and shows little incentive to ammend any product page with special info for you to also ignore and misunderstand.

Get lost. Troll.

Edited by Ben Russell
Clarification.

Nope, because we support all but one, and that one is 3 simple refund presses per year vs 20+ catalog page amendments. The only thing I dispute is your dumb assertion that anything gives insight into some kind of insinuated shady "practices".

It takes less of my time to refund. That's how little the Linux market is. Fact.

Ironically, some of our pages say no Linux. Guess what? People still buy and ask for the refund because they don't read anyhow.

Your two posts above are a perfect example of what I previously referred to as "some insight into their practices" : personal attacks and insults. Keep calling me a troll. Throw those insults around. I'm just a dissatisfied customer; you see no reason to treat me with an ounce of respect.

You keep parroting this "Linux is a small market." I got that. Too small for you to cater to. I got that, too. Too small to list the system requirements on 20+ store pages? Give me a break. If you can't handle that in an efficient manner, you're in the wrong line of business.

I spent three weeks of waiting after submitting a refund request to your site, just to learn that your system hadn't processed it in the first place. Yeah, that's simple /sarcasm. It's easier to insult me instead. Some of Linux users dual boot with Windows, using whichever operating systems better for the task at hand. Right now, for me, that's Linux. With VR on the near horizon, I might switch back over to Windows. I've dumped over two grand into X-Plane add-ons from the "other X-Plane online store". You won't be seeing any of that, nor any addition revenue from me, on account of your piss poor customer service.

Here's a personal attack: If either of you two were on fire, I wouldn't piss on you to put it out. You're not worth the effort.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, theluckyone17 said:

Your two posts above are a perfect example of what I previously referred to as "some insight into their practices" : personal attacks and insults. Keep calling me a troll.

You are a troll. You came in here to do nothing but stir a pot, and on a topic nearly two months old at that. A dissatisfied customer for what? Because you can't use our products on Linux? You've been properly attended to always, and courteously for any support ticket ever from/to you. More on that to follow.

Too small to list the system requirements on 20+ store pages? Give me a break. If you can't handle that in an efficient manner, you're in the wrong line of business.

I can handle it efficiently. It still takes less time to leave it alone. That's the point.

I spent three weeks of waiting after submitting a refund request to your site, just to learn that your system hadn't processed it in the first place. Yeah, that's simple /sarcasm.

You're 100% playing out of context games with the facts. You say in a support ticket that you sent a request for refund in an e-mail (and I have no doubt you did at least attempt to) three weeks prior and had no resolution to your request for refund in it. When asked for a ticket ID of the e-mail you sent three weeks prior, you stated that you never received one, though you did for your second request (which we replied to same day). All told, as soon as we received your support ticket, we refunded you and exchanged several e-mails with you in a cordial manner in the same day. In fact, 24 hours after the refund was issued, you were sent a request to rate the customer service you received (bad or good). You selected a rating of 'Good'.

Here's a personal attack: If either of you two were on fire, I wouldn't piss on you to put it out. You're not worth the effort.

That's disgusting, and shows exactly the type of person you are. Life and death talk are serious matters, and I'd appreciate if you left that type of talk off of this forum. No matter my distaste for someone's behavior like yours, I am mature and compassionate enough for human life to know that regardless of my feelings for a person, I would never sit idly by to watch someone die. The pure thought of that is sickening, and I'm ashamed to know someone like you even exists in this community after having read that (no matter if directed at me, Ben, or anyone in this community or world). Do not EVER say something like that here again...to anyone.

20 minutes ago, theluckyone17 said:

I've expressed my opinions and what I think of you and your customer service. Good luck with that.

If this was a shopping mall I'd call security and have you thrown out.

29 minutes ago, theluckyone17 said:

Good luck with that.

Man, you are really full of yourself!

I think it's me who owes you a "good luck" in your journey through life to be accepted as a normal functioning human in society. Based on the conversation here, you're going to need it!

That concludes this thread.