Autopilot stopped working in 11.10r1

Yetteh

Hey,

I know this plane is not officially designed for X-Plane 11 yet, however, I know a lot of people who have purchased the plane as it works perfectly in X-Plane 11. That was until yesterday, the release of 11.10R1 which is a release candidate has stopped the Autopilot from functioning, you can engage the autopilot and the flight director will guide you to the correct autopilot path,  but the plane does not follow any autopilot instructions.

The plane works fine in the old Stable Version of X-Plane at the moment 11.05. I'm pretty sure its broken when the flight dynamics were changed in B5 - B7 time.

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up about this! It's an awesome little plane, its a shame soon it will not be useable anymore in X-Plane 11. Unless you just don't update X-Plane 11 ;) :)

Edited by Yetteh

I did make a mention of this in my Facebook group, and warned people to NOT update X Plane to the beta if they want to run the Saab, because of the autopilot issue.  The latest update is a Release Candidate, so it is still not a stable release. 
I was working on an update to address the autopilot issue, and a few other things, but I can't do much until X Plane 11.10 goes final.  

I will continue to work on the update and try to get the autopilot fixed.  The autopilot DOES work, but it's very sluggish, and often, if it turns too far, it will go beyond limits.  

Worst case scenario, for me, is making a completely new flight model...which I am prepared to do.  But first, I need to exhaust all other options before considering that.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Goran_M said:

I did make a mention of this in my Facebook group, and warned people to NOT update X Plane to the beta if they want to run the Saab, because of the autopilot issue.  The latest update is a Release Candidate, so it is still not a stable release. 
I was working on an update to address the autopilot issue, and a few other things, but I can't do much until X Plane 11.10 goes final.  

I will continue to work on the update and try to get the autopilot fixed.  The autopilot DOES work, but it's very sluggish, and often, if it turns too far, it will go beyond limits.  

Worst case scenario, for me, is making a completely new flight model...which I am prepared to do.  But first, I need to exhaust all other options before considering that.

Hey Goran! :) Thanks for the reply!

Sorry, I missed your post on the Facebook Group. Its okay though, it's my bad, I knew the risks when updating to the release candidate! :) It's still an awesome plane and Its good to hear that you will be working on a fix for it after 11.10 is released. Keep up the good work!

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Junglist said:

Is there any fast fix that can be done in PlaneMaker or somewhere else? Or problem is much deeper inside custom avionics?

Maybe at least is known, what couses this AP issues in 11.10?

There is no quick fix.  We believe something changed in the sim in v11.10b8 that is causing this issue, but we have not been able to determine what the problem is yet.