SMP weather report

wain

cheers Frank, is that the one that depicts the wind etc within XP11 itself, I thinks it's under flight configuration or something....

also I have clouds at 50k, I see in the manual it says lower setting for low slow GA and slider further right for Airline, if for example I am at FL320 should I then set slider more to the left after descending below 10000ft? does that make the clouds look better or does that just effect performance?

not having any issues with SMP but trying to see if I am using it correctly to get the best effect......

Thanks.....

Most people choose a slider value for the cloud coverage that provides acceptable performance on their system and leave it there. You don't need to fiddle with it during a flight; we're just saying that if you tend to only fly GA then you might want to consider a lower setting, as it will result in faster performance and more detailed clouds. But if you are flying an airliner, you'll want to set it as high as your system can manage.

• Upvote 1

ok thanks for that, seems Carenado planes with SMP drags me down to 10-15fps, everything else seems ok......knocking slider back to 30k gives me 25-39fps on all but Carenado, seems their planes are fps eaters.....they can stay in the hangar, enjoying the MU2 anyway a lot lately...