Flaps sounds

cassis87

There is no flap sound audible on the real 737 - the hydraulic (and back-up electric) motor that drives the flaps is housed inside the main wheel well, where its sound is totally droned out by the din of the electrically driven hydraulic pumps.

In theory you could turn them off and try to drive the flaps with the electric motor (alternate flaps mode) on the ground, but I never tried this (and stood in the gear well), so I can´t say how loud the motor really is.

The default 737-800 models flap sound, but that is totally unrealistic.

Jan

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Morten said:

You spent too many hours in the wrong seat Jan :P

I reread the initial post - and sorry, you are right, Morten. The flaps can be heard well when inside the passenger compartment - but not from the cockpit or the outside.

I think we do not model the sound of the flaps driving when inside the passenger compartment - maybe something to add in a future update!

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

I just doublechecked - the flap sound can be heard inside the cabin when the flaps drive. It could be a bit louder, maybe.

1.) Position yourself in the cockpit

2.) Open the cockpit door

3.) Move until you are about mid-cabin (so you can hear the electrically driven hydraulic pumps through the cabin floor).

4.) Move the flaps (joystick button or default 1/2 keys)

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 3